DRoberts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like them. What do you think?

027edit2b.jpg

027edit.jpg

I like what you are going for with the first shot, but I think that hte upper middle section is just not defined enough for it to work - especially when you compare it to the colour version. For me I prefer the colour version - though in this the out of focus stem in the foreground is a little more dominating and distracting.
Also the shot looks like you are getting a little overexposing from the light above - next time I would try underexposing possible by a little to try and lose this effect. - shooting in RAW can also help (being able to alter the exposure)
Overall I think you have found a really interesting shot here and with the water drops its really something. You have also got the colours and sharpness ok (I have a feeling the some sharpness might have been lost through resizing and webposting possibly) - but there are a few problems (mostly I think its that stem). I would try carrying a few short sticks and some binbag ties or thread - use this to tie back any bits of plant that are getting in the way (remembering of course to always remove such things after you are finished shooting)
ps = I would be interested in your views of the sigma lens - pm me them if you wish

sorry dont like the top one at all - too much blown hilights
and the 2nd one is much better - but you need to take more care with the focus, it is at least 4 pixels out!! - if you were not a 'no edit person' I could show you - the difference is amazing.
But having said all that I like the composition - well done.

I like the color version best I think. The second flower stem to the right of the flower is distracting unfortunately.

Yes i like the top one too, i think the colour helps keep the detail up as it has been noted that they are a little soft and the bw compounds that, it may also be a little camera shake, were they with a kit lens by any chance, if so they are amazingly good as they are really hard to get this kind of shot from in my experience.

tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back