Beginning Photography

gleely

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've pretty much just started photography, i really like it alot and would like some tips/tricks for my photo's. I just use a point and shoot camera right now, not a slr. Some constructive criticism would be nice

-Aden

Also, can anyone tell me some information on a Pentax k200d? our family needs a new camera, and we may get a good deal on this. Thanks for looking

Last edited:
I think this is a pretty good shot generally. Good lighting, color composition and contrast.

My only criticism is a personal preference. Your image seems to lack life because everything is squared off. I think a slight angle on your object it sitting slightly closer to the center of the frame would change the personality of your photo.

I would steer clear of Pentax...
They aren't widely known for their DSLRs.

.... I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm....

To the OP, Pentax make some great cameras, I'm more than happy with my K10D. Google for K200D reviews and you should find plenty of info, though I can't give you any firsthand experiences with the 200.

As for C&C on your pic, it's interesting, however the composition is odd. There is only a hair between the top and bottom of the frame and the subject, and it's cut-off on the right side. I'm not sure if I'm missing part of it. Good composition is more than getting the subject out of the middle of the frame.

As for the Pentax K200d, not a bad camera at all, but you need to think of what your goals are. It may serve your purpose for now (and be a good deal), but how long do you want to keep it? As you'll read a lot, buying an SLR is buying a 'system'. The body of the camera is the 'anchor' for which you buy lenses, flashes etc... You want to make sure you get something that you'll be happy with for YEARS, otherwise if you want to change, you'll have to change EVERYTHING.

It's for this reason that most people opt for Nikon or Canon over Pentax, Olympus, Sony etc.. They produce top-grade products, and have enormous versatility with peripherals.

It looks exposed well but the object is way to tightly cropped and shouldnt be cut of on the right side.

The Pentax is fine. And various third party vendors produce lenses/accessories for the Pentax dSLR system so if you folks went that route you'd be straight.

Double post? ;)

To the OP, the K200D is as good as any other entry level dSLRs such as the D40 from Nikon or the Rebel XT from Canon. I personally think it is better value for money than Nikon and Canon offerings. You cannot go far wrong with any entry dSLRs nowadays. They are all capable of very good results and it really comes down to which one you prefer in terms of handling.

I would agree with Craddie regarding composition. You need to let the subject breathe a little. But the first impression was a good one !
Keep walking :) !

Bear in mind when buying a camera of any make how easy/difficult it is to find good lens for the system, nikon & canon litter photography shops over here with decent new and used glass but finding lens for pentax, minolta/sony is hit n miss at the best of times. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back