Best 35mm Point and Shoot

dirtyyylaundrie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey! I'm looking for an inexpensive 35mm point and shoot camera. I want to use it to take portraits of people I meet while I'm out at bars, so it will mostly be used in low light situations. I need one that's small enough to fit into my purse. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Will you use a hand held meter ? Do you want auto focus, if it has a built in meter make shure it will go to at least iso1600

I still use a 'Olympus Stylus Zoom 80 Wide'. It's several years old at this point.
olympus28-80.jpg

Most any of the Olympus cameras in this series would probably serve your purpose.

These OLYMPUS zoom cameras are bringing $6.95 at my local Goodwill stores, quite often...the BATTERY is the most costly thing about these 1990's-era P&S 35mm zoom cameras. The Pentax IQ Zoom 90 and Zoom 105 were also decent. The Oly's were beautifully engineered...but again, be prepared for battery sticker shock...and do NOT pay too much for one of these things. Many of these are in disrepair/quirky/been to the beach one too many times,etc..

These OLYMPUS zoom cameras are bringing $6.95 at my local Goodwill stores, quite often...the BATTERY is the most costly thing about these 1990's-era P&S 35mm zoom cameras. The Pentax IQ Zoom 90 and Zoom 105 were also decent. The Oly's were beautifully engineered...but again, be prepared for battery sticker shock...and do NOT pay too much for one of these things. Many of these are in disrepair/quirky/been to the beach one too many times,etc..

funny you should mention that.
we go to our local flea market almost every week just to walk around for a bit and there is always someone there with a literal pile (dumped right out of a big box) of 80's-90's pocket/purse cameras.

Most reactions

Back