Bike Lane C&C

I was actually going for the fact that even we have bike lanes in NYC people still drive cars when they can ride a bike. Hence the cars on the road and no bikes on the bike lane.

I originally thought this was shot in China.

And while the empty bike lane is cool as a cyclist I want to see a bike in it. Otherwise I like the B&W and I like the perspective.

Ah...See, I see the empty bike lane as the contrast to the "congested" parked cars. That biking will get you where you need to be faster. And look how much space the cars take...

The B&W treatment is good and does add to the commentary of the shot.

While your PoV is going in the right direction, I can't help but feel the image is very top loaded. I get the sensation that a huge magnet is hovering above and all the cars' rooftops have been drawn towards it. I think possibly having either a bit more or a fair amount less of that area would improve this image.

I understand and totally agree that the bike lane symbol is in an appropriate location in the shot. However, I feel the left side stripe should be on the left edge of the frame as the right side is doing.

Just another note or really a question. Do NYC cyclist wear double billed caps with no dome on their heads or do the street painters like having a laugh? The symbol looks to have a flat head.

Just my 2¢.

Thanks for the comments. I'll try to redo the shot today.
kundalini said:
Just another note or really a question. Do NYC cyclist wear double billed caps with no dome on their heads or do the street painters like having a laugh? The symbol looks to have a flat head.
I have no Idea lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back