Bronzed Beauty

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is from a shoot I did weeks ago. I had a free day today and wanted to process a few. Let me know what you think.

bronzed_beauty.jpg

:D

Wow lighting looks great good expression too!

Oh and the model aint to bad either :lol::lovey:

Great photo a pretty lady is indeed a work of art and you captured her so well. Lighting was just right for the portrait.

Matt –

That beautifully processed skin tone against that rich background is an excellent use of color, I think. Really great decision. Good effort from both of you on capturing that expression. Her eyes connect with the lens, even with her head turned like that. Not so easy to do. Main light, hair light and background all look right on. (Did you bring in a teal seamless?)

The bronze flesh tone works beautifully. I’m guessing this is not a straight processing job. Cyan and yelo are up, and red is down, but not so much as to let it go too green. (Do you consider the flesh processing to be the risky part of this?)

Hmmm, sometimes photos make me hear music. Within 30 seconds of looking, this photo made me think of Ray Barretto’s version of Motherless Child (from Time Was-Time Is). Direct, classy, yet smooth.

Thanks for sharing.

Jazz

Thanks Jazz. The color on this was achieved through the raw file, and altering the white balance, and saturation. The color temp was set to 10400K, and the tint to -10 I believe. Very low saturation. The background is actually a wall that is bright blue, but after the color tweaks it became this lovely teal, which I felt set off the skin tone well.

As for being risky? Well, I don't know. I'm trying to really work on how I process skin. I want to achieve a nice clean advterising/fashion look. I'm hoping (god knows how) to break into that business.

I'm not familiar with that song, but I'll definitely look it up. Thanks for sharing. :)

youre shots always amaze me. this one is no different than the others ive seen from you. i would love one day to be able to shoot half as well as you do.

that being said, its difficult for me to say anything i see in your (or anyone elses) shots that doesnt seem quite right to me. i dont like to give critique when i couldnt do any better, or even come close yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back