Bronzed Beauty

Matt said
The color on this was achieved through the raw file, and altering the white balance, and saturation.
I'm slogging through this excellent book, Real World Camera Raw by Bruce Fraser, and on page 143 he talks about using white balance tools in Camera Raw for creative purposes, instead of just for accuracy, which opens up a whole new world for me. And then, bing, your message hit home, and your results speak for themselves. So thanks for mentioning that tip. Just wanted to say I noticed it.

Matt said
I'm slogging through this excellent book, Real World Camera Raw by Bruce Fraser, and on page 143 he talks about using white balance tools in Camera Raw for creative purposes, instead of just for accuracy, which opens up a whole new world for me. And then, bing, your message hit home, and your results speak for themselves. So thanks for mentioning that tip. Just wanted to say I noticed it.

I think the ability to adjust white balance the way you can is one of the biggest advantages to shooting raw. I spend 10-15 minutes with every shot I plan to develop, just tweaking the white balance and seeing what creative possibilities there are. Here's another example, one of my early experimentations with raw wb.

electric.jpg

wow, these are really nice pictures, I've been studying and shooting raw myself and incorporating it with photoshop and neatimage. But I have yet to even come close to images like these! the picture above was just white balance tweak from the original raw file? I've been messing around with white balance and RGB and have read how to's and what not. Still need a lot of practice. Is there a certain rule for editing a raw image? or do you just basically play it by eye(trial and error), I read that selecting a neutral in the image and looking at the RGB info to see if they are equal helps out, however in most of the images i've been practicing on this is not the case. If you've got any tips on editing raw images it would be of great help. My goal is, one day to be able to capture picture like your's and other's in this forum. :) its a big, long shot, very long goal but to have an end you must start so here's my start.

rockin shot matt...what a beauty yer wife is; so photogenic :) (sorry her name slipped my mind)
I'm soaking up all this wb info for future reference :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back