Buying a 6D, good site?

I have just found the 6D body for 1,299. I would like to know if anyone has purchased from a site called ABE'S of MAINE? I have included a link below.

Canon EOS 6D Camera Body - 20.2 Megapixels, Full Frame CMOS Sensor

From a quick google search the impression I got was.. nope. They don't sound like a group of people I'd want to do business with - a lot of complaints about very shady business practices.

If I were you'd I'd look at places like KEH Camera, B&H Photo, Cameta - well established online retailers with good reputations. Yes, you will pay a bit more than what some of these fly by night companies will quote you, but I think you'll find in the long run you'll be a lot better off. Most of these deals that sound to good to be true, well it turns out they are too good to be true. Word to the wise.

I have just found the 6D body for 1,299. I would like to know if anyone has purchased from a site called ABE'S of MAINE? I have included a link below.

Canon EOS 6D Camera Body - 20.2 Megapixels, Full Frame CMOS Sensor

Abe's of Maine is an old, well-known mail order/internet order place that has long specialized in lowball pricing on gray market items. You do realize that camera is an "imported" model, sold without a Canon, USA warranty, right? That's why the price is so lowball. Abe's has been around for 30+ years as I recall.

Grey Market?: Canon EOS-1D / 5D / 6D Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

I've had fantastic experience and some good deals from B&H in New York City. In looking at my camera gear, nearly everything I bought new came from B&H. I've snagged a couple of fantastic 'freebies' in package deals such as free memory cards, free battery, etc. My living in Massachusetts gets me next day ground shipping as well.

Most recently, I bought a Canon G15 on sale this past February for $299 and they threw in a free 16gb Sandisk memory card as part of the package deal! So, rather than being overly quick to pull the trigger, maybe wait for a sale somewhere...

I purchased my 6D from B&H, along with the 17-40mm, and was absolutely thrilled with how effortless the transaction was.

Most reactions

Back