C&C my pet fish

vd853

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some pictures I took while cleaning my fish tank. I didn't really care about composition, just picked up the camera and started shooting. Hopefully not too snapshotish. All shot with my 50mm under very low light.
4474195040_5160f046dd_b.jpg

4473420713_429ea2e322_b.jpg

4474193056_4c01b38104_b.jpg

4474191876_aa54ffe8c9_b.jpg

Nice! I like the peacock bass and the silver aro:) I've got a big old silver and I know they're hard to shoot. Mines a bit easier since he's getting older and losing his shine.

The micro-bubbles really take away from the images though. It would be a lot better if you could get them under control, and maybe square up to the tank a bit more.

Nice! I like the peacock bass and the silver aro:) I've got a big old silver and I know they're hard to shoot. Mines a bit easier since he's getting older and losing his shine.

The micro-bubbles really take away from the images though. It would be a lot better if you could get them under control, and maybe square up to the tank a bit more.

Yah, I was trying to use the bubbles because it created a nice stream of light coming down. Usually happens right after the tank has been clean. Though, I should def shoot straight towards the tank. I was worry about my reflection.

The third shot looks sort of bad. Maybe a little to dark? The others look fine.

you can shoot straight on if you're in a dark room with only the tank lights on.

An off camera flash or even a slave flash stuffed in a styrofoam box on top of the tank makes nice lighting for larger fish. Bounce the on-board flash up with a white card (to keep it from reflecting) and adjust your exposure based on the output of the overhead flash. or you can just use a sync cord.

Here's one of my silver shot with an overhead flash in a dark room:
main.php

you can shoot straight on if you're in a dark room with only the tank lights on.

An off camera flash or even a slave flash stuffed in a styrofoam box on top of the tank makes nice lighting for larger fish. Bounce the on-board flash up with a white card (to keep it from reflecting) and adjust your exposure based on the output of the overhead flash. or you can just use a sync cord.

Here's one of my silver shot with an overhead flash in a dark room:
main.php

That looks great! take a look on how I shot my fish
Aquarium photography How to photograph your goldfish in tank - watch free tutorial at LearnMyShot.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back