Camera/Laptop bags?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by JDP, Aug 22, 2006.

1. JDP

JDP TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Greetings,
    Is anyone using a bag that will hold their camera AND a laptop. I'm mainly looking for something that can hold a laptop with a 15" screen, a digital slr, 3-4 lenses, with some room left over.
    I'd love one with quick/easy access to the camera, but I'm not sure I can find that with what I want.
    I don't necessarily need Tamrac/Lowepro/etc recommendations - if you're using something else that works well for you, let me know. I like to carry my camera with me a lot, but when i'm heading to work it gets a tad tedious to carry multiple bags.

Thanks.

2. Orgnoi1

Orgnoi1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My girlfriend uses the Tamrac Cyberpack 8 which would handle all of what you are looking to get out of it. The only drawback is the pricetag. They run a little bit on the expensive side.

3. JDP

JDP TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ah, thanks, that seems a tad much for what I need, being pure camera/laptop - but the Adventure 9 here looks like it might fit the bill for me. How much did your girlfriend pay for hers?

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a Lowepro Computrekker AW. It's a backpack style bag with a laptop area. I don't even have a lap top...but for some reason, it was cheaper than the similar bag without the laptop area.

It will hold a lap top, an SLR with 3-4 lenses, flash & accessories. Plus there is a separate general storage area.

The 'AW' is all weather so there is a built-in rain cover.

5. Orgnoi1

Orgnoi1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If I remember right she paid $199 for it.

6. Reverend

Reverend TPF Noob!

I have the same one for when I don't know what I'll need... I just bring it all. I also have the rolling one for when I'm traveling.

7. niccig

niccig TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have a Lowepro Compudaypack. It holds my 17" MacBook, Nikon F80 with 50mm attached, KM P&S and 35-80mm with a little room left over in the camera compartment. I got mine for $79 at Best Buy. The only possible drawback for you is that the camera compartment is a zip compartment on the bottom of the pack, so it may not be as quick-access as you want. I love mine though, very sturdy and comfortable.