Canon or Sony

well heck everyone else has said, i may as well too.. the question shouldnt be canon or sony, it should be canon or nikon... which the answer from me is, nikon...

the question should be Canon or Nikon, Sony is not a major player in this game at this point.

Current Events > You

I think I have a blender that was purchased was purchased from a rebranded company, of whose former brand was top-notch. The blender just broke. Companies have lots of reasons for rebranding and an awful lot can change in the process. I don't know much about Sony, but I do know that Canon's been doing it since the 30's and Nikon even before that (although, admittedly Nikon didn't formally adopt their name until the 80's). But regardless, Sony might be a great camera maker with a lot of history, but it strikes me that there's a reason Canon and Nikon dominate the market, even among professionals. It's going to take some proving on Sony's part before I believe they're actually producing a worthy contendor.

I stick to my guns. It's just a safer bet to stick to Nikon or Canon.

I bet that rebranded blender wasn't a 24mp full frame blender either.

Actually, we bought the blender in that really short period in time when they were putting cameras in everything. Who woulda thought there just wasn't really a market for a blender with a 24mp full frame sensor? I'll never spend that kind of money again!

Yah I have decided to go with the xsi now I just think that i should skip the lens kit and just go with the 17-85mm lense because it seems to be so much better and zooms more. And for a place to buy it I saw a website name sigma4less.com with great prices and good reviews so it seems legit. Oh and will I need a lense hood and what are they for. Sorry for all the questions and thank you for anyone one who helps.

Sony - Konica/Minolta
I am a believer that if you are doing things right, you will always have customers.
If you are doing thing right, there is no need to sell your business to someone else - or even worse, get taken over because you are doing something so wrong, others believe they can do better. If Konica/Minolta was doing things right, Sony would never have opportunity to take them over, buy them out, or whatever happened.

I am not saying "do not buy" Sony ... just commenting on the Sony-Konica/Minolta relationship.

If I were buying a new camera - Sony looks very very VERY attractive. The Axxx models are packed with features. Sony seem to know what consumers want - their marketing folks know all the phrases to catch your attention - caught my attention :)

Because I already own a DSLR, and I've touched Canon, Nikon and Sony ... I would go with Canon xxD or Nikon's D80/D300. To me, Sony does not feel solid - it just feels light/flimsy. Probably intentional, but just does not feel right to me.

Lastly, I would go Canon for a very simple and noobish reason ... I can identify a pro-level lens by looking at description. Canon pro-level lens all have "L" in description. Nikon, I have to look at picture of lens for a gold ring. Sony - I have no idea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back