Canon vs Nikon - Stereotypes

NIKON FTMFW!!!

keep-calm-and-shoot-canon-1.png

:band:
There 'ya go shooting your mouth off like a Cannon !!

Few thoughts:

Lenses are really best compared lens by lens. Canon, for example, offers the MPE 65mm macro which is a unique macro lens on the market - Nikon doesn't make one (but its not the only way to get high magnification shots of course - nor is it impossible to beat it). However Nikon offers some of the best wide angle lenses including one or two outstanding wide angle zooms (there's a few canon shooters using adaptors or a nikon camera just for that).

Things like the sensor tech are also short term - 5 years or so ago Canon was totally ruling the roost sensor wise - now its Sony (Nikon uses sony sensors and Sony have sunk something like 5 times the R&D money into sensors than the others just because they wanted in on the market so had to come to the table with something outstanding to get a foot in) in a few years it could be Pentax!

Most differences are not going to appear in standard shooting in good light. It's when the light is poor - when the situation isn't normal - when the little differences come out. Certainly any DSLR on todays market and any brand is capable of outstanding photography.

All Canon users are ruggedly handsome, incredibly talented and hung like a horse.

Nikon
- More flexible shooting (accessories, flash systems..etc)

Disagree. The Canon 600ex-rt is amazing and the best speedlight on the market. I was shooting 4 of them at once fully ETTL and didn't need to use any other triggers.

I bought a 7Dii to shoot sports but the focus was inconsistent so I bought a D3300 which was cheaper by 1/3, focused properly, had better cropping power and better IQ/DR...

I bought a 7Dii to shoot sports but the focus was inconsistent so I bought a D3300 which was cheaper by 1/3, focused properly, had better cropping power and better IQ/DR...
And we're all happy for you. Really, we are! :icon_cheers:

Surely Canon and Nikon aren't "really bad" at anything.

If we're able, both brands have the potential to take us as far as we can go photographically.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back