Career

Lunar_Wolf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm doing a photography course right now, which is ok. Too much work from the non-photography classes. We need 40 photos by march 8th, 30 b/w and 10 color. We had two months to get these 40 shots. We also needed to get work exp and all written up by last week, starting a business project by this week. Class exhibition is on march 8th and we need to have everything written up for that too and after. Media Analysis project by next month. Then April 8th we need another 10 b/w photos. And we have photo shop class and Information technology on top of that. I feel I'm not getting what I want out of the photography we don't get much photography at all.

Mon-we have crit class which is 40mins. We put up two photographs on the wall and discuss them.

Tues-Two hour theory. Which is pointless because we don't do anything.

Wed- Still life but we work as a team. Class is two hours.

Thurs- We go somewhere to shoot.

I'm thinking about not doing the second year because I know I won't pass this course with my job on top of this too.

Or repeat and drop my job so I'll have more time.

But I was also thinking about looking for another photography course, or try get a new job as a photographer working for a paper or try get a job using my photography.

Any tips on how to get into the business of photography? Do I need a diploma or is it your pictures that count at the end of the day?:hail:

Really, the only reason you'd need a degree in photography is if you wanted to start teaching it, or you want a crash course and want to know alot about it really fast. If you can find a pro that will take you under his/her wing and you spend your tuition money on equipment, you'd most likely be better off becuase you'll have first hand experience and with the equipment, you'd be able to to alot yourself.

If you want to try and get a job as a photojournalist or really any good photography job a VERY GOOD place to start for you is now. Take any photography related job right now you can get. If you want to get into photojournalisim a job right now is essential to get you off to the right start I know it will look alot better on a resume than jus school. Take this advice from someone who has been there I did not work when I was in school and it took me years after school to get to the point I am in now wich is where I should have been at graduation.

The best way to get experience is to pick a field and then assist someone already in that field. You learn alot about the business end that way, regardless which way you go. It's how I started wedding photography and it was a big boost learning from people already doing it. There is always more to it than just taking pictures, regardless what you choose.

Thanks for the advice, it's been very helpful:thumbup: I'm gonna start looking for a photographer to take me on and look for work in photography asap.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back