Cars

Ya, I don't think they should even make automatics for sports cars or any cars that are remotely fast. If some wimp wants one, make them order it from the factory, that will make them think, huh, is it worth it to wait 6 months while the car is made? Or should I get the stick, which is right down the street at the dealership?

Lots of people think that a standard is too hard to drive so they don't even try to learn, but it's so much more fun when you have a stick. You actually feel involved, and I think it probably makes people pay attention to driving more = less accidents. The only worse thing is driving in traffic jams, that sucks. I had to for like 3 hours the other day. NOT FUN.

Lots of people think that a standard is too hard to drive....
I find the opposite. Automatics are quite difficult to drive because I've given up control to a machine. They shift when I don't want them to, don't shift when I want them to, and lag so bad during the shifting it's pathetic.

Lunchbox-Nice shots!
I'm missing something..... I don't see any shots, unless you are referring to shots from a much earlier post of his.

I'm missing something..... I don't see any shots, unless you are referring to shots from a much earlier post of his.[/QUOTE]

No you're not missing anything, unless I am missing something too. I looked at his website, the link in his sig, he has some awesome shots, you should check them out.

Did anybody see the picture of Fisichella over Nakajima on page 104 of Car and driver?? If you didn't go check it out. I would loove to have taken that picture.

Ok actually it's a Mercury...but it's ford enough....but any who it is an '85 mid size Marquis. I've been trying to rebuild it and repair the damage done by it's previous owner but I have issues with ignorant parts suppliers supplying me with parts for a Grand Marquis. what's more my garadge collappsed on me so I have no where to work
Yep, Fords were junk back then, but they've come a long way since. I guess the old thinking was you couldn't make them last too long if you want to sell new ones. They had to bite the proverbial bullet.

I find the opposite. Automatics are quite difficult to drive because I've given up control to a machine. They shift when I don't want them to, don't shift when I want them to, and lag so bad during the shifting it's pathetic.
I basically agree with that, but with the GM's that I drove, if you give the gas peddle a quick snap, it shifts to a lower gear, giving you more torque to make it up inclines. I have a Dodge van that has a switch on the column for that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back