CG Landscapes By MD!**UPDATED**

How come your rendering kicks ass?
After seeing your pics I d/loaded Terragen and tried a few myself. That program is tough to understand at first... but I'm slowly getting there. But when I render my pics they still look all blocky.
Is it just because I'm using the free version that the quality's not as good? is there a setting I'm forgetting to do?

yep!

if you go under render settings, and look at the first tab that pops up, it has two sliders that say something about the realism or quality. slide them to the right. do the same with the little preview window. it has a slider as well, slide it to the right as far as it will go.

hope that helps :)

This stuff is increadible Matt :shock:

I just don't have the patience for this stuff these days, not that I ever did :confused:

That's really weird how the preview slider effects the real render quality. But I increased everything and now my rendering kicks ass too! Yay! Now I just need to work on the quality on the pics.
Thanks for your help.

Impressive.

I tried Bryce once and it was very hard. I didn't get far at all.
Anyway, Mystery Island is my favorite of these, something magical in it.

thank you niki!!!!!! bryce is way harder than what im using now..

im going to keep updating this thread with new shots as i do them. they are getting bigger and bigger and take over 24 hours to render.

md

heaven.jpg

firstthaw%7E0.jpg

endoftheworld.jpg

md

do it!!!!! if you would like i can give you some more pointers, im learning new things every time i mess with it...

md

Great work, Matt! I really like Until the End of the World. I'm really impressed with your new found talent!

thanks!!!!! im just trying some new venues seeing as how im totally unmotivated to pick up my camera.

md

Most reactions

Back