Cheap hassie EL/M worth a buy?

Vennard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive been offered a Hasselblad EL/M with 150mm carl zeiss lens, two film backs and motor drive for £220, fully working condition, very minor marks expected for age. Is this a good price? Newish to MF. :)

Ive been offered a Hasselblad EL/M with 150mm carl zeiss lens, two film backs and motor drive for £220, fully working condition, very minor marks expected for age. Is this a good price? Newish to MF. :)

What shape are the batteries in? It's basically a studio camera and not(obviously)as portable as other V series bodies.

Good shape, I was just wondering if it's worth getting as its half the price of others I've seen for sale!

Good shape, I was just wondering if it's worth getting as its half the price of others I've seen for sale!

Asked since it can be a problem. There are hacks that replace the old (Varta?)cells. I've been tempted in the past but walked on these: too bulky, battery issues. That's what seems to keep the price down.

9v battery clip, a couple of thumbtacks and a film canister solves the battery issue. Shooting both RB's and Hassies, the added bulk really isn't an issue for me.

The 500ELs and their ilk are pretty clunky with that battery compartment. If your battery quits, there's 9v conversion kits all over the place that can be had for CHEAP, and the 9V batteries tend to last a lot longer than the original Varta stuff, though the Vartas are rechargeable. Besides, the motors were designed to handle up to 12v, so the 9v isn't going to hurt anything. If you don't like using it, I'd sell the body and find a 500 C/M. The same size as the box, without that huge motor drive. Just don't accidentally buy a 1000f or 1600f as though the backs fit, they use a different lens mount. As for backs, I actually kinda like the older C12 backs more than the A series. I like being able to see how horribly I've messed up my film loading. :lol: I'm assuming you're going to buy this thing... so in that case, welcome to the world of Hasselblad/medium format!

If you happen to hate that lens, I happen to know someone who needs one because they have a 500EL, a back, and no lens (this might be me.. ok fine, it's me)....

Most reactions

Back