Chinchilla...

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a shot of a chinchilla I got when it finally stopped moving! It was behind glass, though, so I had to do a little PP to get rid of some glare. Think I did ok. What do you think?

Edit: I labelled it incorrectly - it's not a chinchilla at all...it's a chipmunk. (I think!)

Last edited:
Well it is a nice shot. The focus is on its eyes which is good, but the whole picture is a bit too orange for my taste. The chipmunk has lost detail on the top of his head, because of the dark background. It still has some white glare of its head, which is a bit distracting. Maybe you can post your before picture as well?

Well it is a nice shot. The focus is on its eyes which is good, but the whole picture is a bit too orange for my taste. The chipmunk has lost detail on the top of his head, because of the dark background. It still has some white glare of its head, which is a bit distracting. Maybe you can post your before picture as well?

original...

4723906298_2ce7dfdbd5.jpg

pp version...
4716305779_70ab71aaf5.jpg

I see your problem with the reflection and you solved most of it. It might be possible to get rid of some more, but personally don't know how. I don't use PP very much myself.
You cropped it nice, but I think you overdone it with the orange. It almost looks like a radioactive chipmunk... You might want to tone it down a bit.

I see your problem with the reflection and you solved most of it. It might be possible to get rid of some more, but personally don't know how. I don't use PP very much myself.
You cropped it nice, but I think you overdone it with the orange. It almost looks like a radioactive chipmunk... You might want to tone it down a bit.

Thanks...I will have a go at toning it down, although I haven't really "added" colour...just brought out what was there. i only noticed how far I had gone when I put them together here...

Cheers

Craig

Most reactions

Back