Could I get some honest opinions here?

I see lots of potential. I also see about every basic beginner mistake that can be made... was made.

Learn the basics. Practice. Improve.

Those who learn to know what to watch for, learn to avoid the mistakes. Those that practice a LOT, make fewer mistakes.

Don't expect the process to take a couple of hours... some poeple spend YEARS practicing their art. Thats all part of the process, and for me, part of the fun.

which beginner mistakes? i wanna know!

I'm gonna take a crack at this without even looking at your images.

Do you have what it takes to be a beter photographer? Now, you didn't ask 'Do I have the potential to take better pictures'. Your desire is not to take better pictures, well it is, but your primary goal is to become a photographer. To educate yourself and take the time and learn all of the nuts and bolts and pay attention to your vision and evolve your craft to express yourself.

If this is the case then yes, you could become a photographer. It doesn't happen overnight. But you could it. I hope you do.

It's a great start. Nice angles and composition. However, I think you should pay closer attention to lighting and contrast. For example, images 3 and 5 (against the graffiti) look very flat to me. I would enjoy them more if the colors popped more.
And, like everyone else already said, your focus looks soft.
But, you're off to a good start. Practice makes perfect and it's always good to ask for constructive critisicm to learn from your mistakes. Keep an open mind and you'll go far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back