Created a Stir at DP Reviews

I think he's decided not to use the P word to avoid suspicion :lol:

Ben this is not unusual... dpreview is not only very brand-centered, it's also home to some of the most inexplicable admin decisions on the planet. Apparently 'fmw' was banned for asking a question to which he was expected to know the answer. Another reason to just stay here :lol:

I think he's decided not to use the P word to avoid suspicion :lol:

Ben this is not unusual... dpreview is not only very brand-centered, it's also home to some of the most inexplicable admin decisions on the planet. Apparently 'fmw' was banned for asking a question to which he was expected to know the answer. Another reason to just stay here :lol:

exactly. This site is so much better anyways. Not to mention I'd rather be here where owning pentax isn't a sin and even Canon members (gasp) appriciate other brands. This site is great if you are a photographer, dpreview is great if you are a canon or nikon zealot.

Ben, that's a bunch of crap.... however, you've intrigued me. I am planning on making my DSLR purcahse the day after my birthday, which is the 28th, so this thursday I am going to buy SOMETHING.

Right now Im buying a d50 used body a 50mm 1.8 lens, a 18-55 lens, a flash and battery.... for right at 800!

Convince me why I should do Pentax:

GO!

:)

Yeah stick with Nikon! :thumbup: ;)

Ben I don't think you should be surprised. You post the same threads, copy and paste style at multiple forums about Pentax - to some that is blatant guerrilla marketing.

It doesn't bother me though... if I had the time I'd do the same for Nikon! :lol:

Dewey
Nikon Evangelist

Ben I don't think you should be surprised. You post the same threads, copy and paste style at multiple forums about Pentax - to some that is blatant guerrilla marketing.

As long as you add to the community I don't see it as that big of a deal. If he were to just post & run then I agree with the banning.

As for other forums the big ones run way outdated software and the users ego's get in the way of most discussions. This is the best community I've seen so far for photo stuff.

Ben, that's a bunch of crap.... however, you've intrigued me. I am planning on making my DSLR purcahse the day after my birthday, which is the 28th, so this thursday I am going to buy SOMETHING.

Right now Im buying a d50 used body a 50mm 1.8 lens, a 18-55 lens, a flash and battery.... for right at 800!

Convince me why I should do Pentax:

GO!

:)

I am not here to convince you to decide to purchase one brand over another. Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Fuji, Sony and Olympus all produce very fine Digital Capturing devices. I have used pretty well all of the above brands at one time or another. Your decision could be based on a total different criteria than mine or any other user on this forum. What I will say is this. Give me any of the above camera's and in almost all cases, you wouldn't know which one was shot with which. I once did a major fashion editorial using my Canon 350D as well as a shoot done with my circa 2002-3 Canon G5. So it is your decision. My decision was based on many factors and I'm not sure if they would comply with your needs. As to posting on several Forums, yes I have. Being that most of them are Pentax based, I do feel that my sharing what ever subject I am sharing is relevant to them all. Of course when responding to a specific query on a specific site, I don't reproduce those postings unless they are highly relevant in my opinion and could be illuminating to others.

As long as you add to the community I don't see it as that big of a deal. If he were to just post & run then I agree with the banning.

Right, which is why I said right after that "It doesn't bother me though... if I had the time I'd do the same for Nikon!"

I don't see a problem with it... but I think it's a bit silly to turn around and act surprised. I don't think it matters what you shoot - it's all about the end result.

if i remember right, someone else active on this forum got banned at another forum for stupid reasons .. maybe it was even dpreview again.

There are several reasons why I am here and not on all the other forums on photography... this place is just really down to earth and full of friendly much less biased people than elsewhere.

ok, just for fun I sometimes post on purely dSLR photography forums .. and I keep posting my scanned film there and they don't realise :p

Right, which is why I said right after that "It doesn't bother me though... if I had the time I'd do the same for Nikon!"

I don't see a problem with it... but I think it's a bit silly to turn around and act surprised. I don't think it matters what you shoot - it's all about the end result.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything. And I totally agree with your last sentence.

------------------------

I really love your work Ben. From reading your posts on that other thread as well as this one it seems you are trying to help people out, keep it up.

I wear my banning there as a badge of honor. You need to be very careful about what you say there, apparently. I wasn't up to their standards to be sure. Welcome to the club. Anybody else been banned there?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back