Critique: Experienced potographers, I need feedback!

Tmill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What did I do wrong and how can I improve? I think they are good but I want to know what could make them better from a professionals POV.

NEWLENS-Maranda032-r.jpg

NEWLENS-Maranda037-r2.jpg

NEWLENS-Maranda113-r2.jpg

NEWLENS-Maranda034-r2.jpg

NEWLENS-Maranda161-r2.jpg

NEWLENS-Maranda126-r2.jpg

NEWLENS-Maranda132-r2.jpg

And I just realized I spelled photographers wrong in the title. Ahhh, fast typing. That's a good way to start my first post.

i think they all look pretty good, but i'm not all that "experienced." the focus looks pretty sharp on all of them, but on the first three and last two the seem a bit "cool" as opposed to warm. maybe that's what you were going for, i'm not sure, but to me they look a bit blue. overall i like them though.

i think they all look pretty good, but i'm not all that "experienced." the focus looks pretty sharp on all of them, but on the first three and last two the seem a bit "cool" as opposed to warm. maybe that's what you were going for, i'm not sure, but to me they look a bit blue. overall i like them though.

Thank you. Yea I changed the color balance and levels durring PP. I did give most of them a cool look because I thought it fit the picture well. The two that have a more warm, summer vibe to them was just another experiment.

I am just a beginner. But personally, I prefer seeing both of her eyes when she is facing the camera. If I see half of the face, that's okay. However, her hair seems to be too close to her left eye in few of the photos.

Again, this is just my opinion. :)

First of all, this girl is a knockout and the posing is pretty good. I haven't looked at the exif but I'm assuming you're using a 50mm 1.whatever and shooting close to wide open. I just think some are a little dark and the color is a little funky. And is there a significance to the time (same in every picture)? Maybe it's time to start experimenting with reflectors and fill flash, but I think you're on the right track. :D

I am no professional either but they seem great. She's gorgeous. Colors look great. I don't really like shooting people, but if she's located in Toronto I am willing to start experimenting lol :p

In a series of shots such as this it would be best to keep the colors uniform, I'm also confused as to what the "message" is, pretty girl/clock/location, stock shot, fashion, waiting for rush hour?????????? they convey little to me, sorry. H

I would say they look very professional....the colours are awesome. The photos are very sharp. What camera did u use? Did you shot in RAW or Jpeg? Your model is very georgous.

They look great.

Here are a few little comments I thought of though.
Be careful when posing that you don't make them look like they've lost a leg - like in the first photo.

The first pic is great - but it's definitely more about the background than the girl - which is cool if that's what you're going for. It could be more about her if she was positioned a little lower in the fram - remember your rule of thirds - she's very close to half way there.

I agree with the comments about the colour. If you're showing them in a series keep the cool/warm factor the same - it's too confusing otherwise.

The last shot is gorgeous and I love the expression.

This is a personal taste issue, but I don't like the photoshop blur look you have going on here. I'd try and shoot it with more background blur, rather than PS it in which is what I think you've done in some of these.

Great location, great prop - even though the message may be lost on us without context.
Overall great job.

judging buy the exif data, the amount of blur seems like it was created by the lens an not necessarily photoshop. picture 4 being an example, was taken at 200mm f/2.8. to me the amount of blur in that looks like it could be all lens produced

Not my Genre

Lost legs? Eye Contact?

Why is this mature lady lying in the middle of a road wearing a green gown holding a clock..??

The clock has stopped - are we suspending time..?? Why..?

Technically, reasonably okay - but give us a hint what the theme is...

Jedo

LOL! Well it's 3:27 without a doubt! :D

judging buy the exif data, the amount of blur seems like it was created by the lens an not necessarily photoshop. picture 4 being an example, was taken at 200mm f/2.8. to me the amount of blur in that looks like it could be all lens produced

Bingo. The blur was all from the lens. I only altered the color balance and levels in PS.

Not my Genre

Lost legs? Eye Contact?

Why is this mature lady lying in the middle of a road wearing a green gown holding a clock..??

The clock has stopped - are we suspending time..?? Why..?

Technically, reasonably okay - but give us a hint what the theme is...

Jedo

True, you are not the first one who has said this. I guess I need to work on presenting the theme's more clearly. I kind of left this one open to interpretation. I know what it means to me but it may mean something compeltely different for someone else, and that's okay.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back