D7100 buffer slows down after 3 raws

Anyhow, thanks for the help folks. Hopefully i'll figure out what i'm doing wrong down the line, i'll focus on getting shots for now. I was actually planning to go today, but this problem took up all my time before i knew it :distracted:. I'm a bit rusty, time to get back on that horse. :icon_camera:

It's like riding a bike. You'll have it back in no time.
What if i never learned how to ride a bike? Do i put my camera up for sale?

Idk you did that last time. Hopefully you don't this time? Hahahaha...

:heart-borken: I think i have to, should give this to someone who knows how to ride bikes.

Maybe you should get training wheels for your D7100 for the time being. :biglaugh:

Can we do that? I don't wanna get laughed at by the other photographers though, get me one with flames on. :onthego:

Can we do that? I don't wanna get laughed at by the other photographers though, get me one with flames on. :onthego:

We can install a card on the shutter to make it sound really cool too.

Do you also use the same card as i do currently?
I founded the only way to take the buffer to 3, take a look at the iso, if you put ISO over 6400 the buffer drop from 6 to 3.. probably was this, let me know if I was right ;)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Everytime you set ISO to the "high" artifitial levels (above your maximun native high ISO), you loose buffer capacity. That is a real issue.

If you go over native its boosted with software so that makes sense.

My d7100 only starts to write the images when it becomes nearly full. I think that all that a faster card does, is shorten the recovery time between fast bursts.

My d7100 only starts to write the images when it becomes nearly full. ...

Say what? If you only take one photo today, it won't write it to the card until you take some more?

.....I think that all that a faster card does, is shorten the recovery time between fast bursts.

A faster card will accept data from the camera faster..... up to the point it reaches the write speed of the camera.

I'm talking about it within the context of burst mode. The little light that indicates that the camera is writing only turns on when the buffer is nearly full. Furthermore, on crop mode the buffer seems to recover faster. I have not done any real tests, so it could be confirmation bias.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back