D750 Flare resolved

I think it's always a good idea to wait awhile on a new camera to see if anything occurs,only my opiion thiugh.

I think it's always a good idea to wait awhile on a new camera to see if anything occurs,only my opiion thiugh.
All D750 are off the shlves, I couldnt even find one on Amazon, I am assuming once they are back on sale those will be flare free cameras and a safe buy.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Service-...ice-Advisory-for-Users-of-the-Nikon-D750.html

Thank you for choosing Nikon for your photographic needs.

We have received indications from some users that when photographing scenes in which a bright light source, such as the sun or high-intensity lighting, is at a certain position along the top border of the frame, flare with an unnatural shape may sometimes occur in images captured with the D750 digital SLR camera.

For those who have already purchased a D750 and would like to have their camera serviced to correct this issue, Nikon service centers will service cameras as indicated below. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Identifying affected productsTo check whether or not your camera is one of those affected by this issue, click Check Your Serial Number below and enter your D750's serial number as instructed. Results for the serial number entered will be displayed. If these results show that your camera is one of those affected, instructions for requesting service will be displayed. If your camera is not one of those affected, rest assured that you may continue using your camera without concern for this issue.

Check Your Serial Number

Please note that even if a camera's serial number identifies it as one affected by this issue, a black dot inside the tripod socket on the bottom of the camera, like that shown in the photo below, indicates that the measures to resolve this issue as indicated below have already been applied.

xblack-dot-D750.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kHG8WxRBEB.jpg

Resolution
If your camera is affected, as confirmed with serial number check above you will be provided with information on requesting service from your nearest Nikon service center. The service center will inspect and service light-shielding components, and adjust AF sensor position, to resolve the occurrence of unnaturally shaped flare free of charge. This service will not have any effect on autofocus precision, or on the performance of other camera functions.

Please understand that even with these measures, all digital SLR cameras may experience flare when backlit scenes are being captured.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

Please be assured that Nikon is continuously working and taking measures to further improve the quality of its products. Once again, thank you for choosing Nikon for your photographic needs.

Nikon's "temporary" resolution has been to pull the D750 off the market. The "permanent" solution is retro QA on inventory and a production fix for future D750s.

no.

this is exactly what they did with the d810 long exposure issue.

I really love that Nikon is reacting much better and faster this time.

Instead of going through the denial, producing a new camera that really only has the issue fixed, finally shameful admittance, getting sued etc routine of the D600.

I really love that Nikon is reacting much better and faster this time.

Instead of going through the denial, producing a new camera that really only has the issue fixed, finally shameful admittance, getting sued etc routine of the D600.
Absolutely and totally agree, good to see they learned from past mistake.
Now if they will only invest more into their QC we will not have to have these lessons learned in the first place!!!

Am I the only one who thinks the lens flare banding issue is kinda cool? There are a couple pictures I have in mind that that lens flare might look nice with. If I could, I would seriously get a d750 for the flare.

Before anyone jumps on me for being wrong, I know that the flare issue will cause a lot of problems when its unwanted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back