developing Holga film?

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by lisa_13, Apr 22, 2008.

1. lisa_13

lisa_13 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    so i just got two rolls of color film developed..$7 each to develop then $1 or each print..5 of the prints were completely black so i dont know why they even bothered...cost me $46...did i just get completely rippedoff?

i only bought the color film bc i was goingon vacation and they had no b&w film...guess im never buying color again

2. rob91

rob91 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well I'm not sure why they printed and charge you for the ones that had nothing on them.

This is the main reason I only shoot black and white. Can't afford to pay that, plus I would never let a lab make the prints for me. I don't have a problem with them developing the film but making the prints is at least half the process. With a Holga it's arguably a lot more than half.

3. compur

compur No longer a newbie, moving up!

Ask for a refund. That's ridiculous.

4. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree, also alot of people have problems with holga's. I shot a roll and only 4 photos came out and my photo teacher said "thats better then I did my first time."

5. bhop

bhop No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I find that getting holga pics to work right requires 400 speed film and either flash, or bright sunlight. If I don't have either of those working for me, I don't bother..

as far as your price, that does seem pretty high to me, although, probably only by 10-12 bucks or so... I also only shoot b/w in my Holga because of price. I can develop it myself and scan the negatives, which I can't do with color. I think i'd rather shoot color though, because the holga does really cool stuff with color film, but paying 8-12 bucks (developing only) for 12 pictures that may or may not come out isn't in my budget at the moment.