Digital Camera

rodeofoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I am finally going to take the plunge.

What Digital camera would you suggest for me?

Right now I have a Minolta 7000 and use my 300 lens the most. I take alot of high action, long distance photos (Rodeo).

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks!

Weezy

what currency? I'd look at at the 20D or 10D:)

Maxxum 7D are nice. But I think the 9D is rumored to be out this spring. If you have alot of good lenses you might want to stay with Minolta.

The 9D is just that, rumored to be in the works. That is going to cost big bucks. The 7D can be had for $800-$1000, depending on where you buy it and whether or not you get a lens with it. The 5D looks like a nice deal, but if you want more manual control, the 7D would be better.

Thanks for your help!

Do 35mm lenses work on digital cameras?

Weezy

rodeofoto said:
Thanks for your help!

Do 35mm lenses work on digital cameras?

Weezy

If the mount is the same, it should work. Canon digital EOS cameras work with all the same lenses as EOS film cameras. Same thing with Nikon...I'm think Minolta should be the same.

One thing you have to be aware of is that most digital SLR cameras have a sensor that is smaller than a 35mm negative...so therefore only the centre part of the image is recorded...effectively giving your lenses a "crop factor".
On my Canon, the crop factor is 1.6 so a 50mm lens feels more like an 85mm lens.

This is great on the telephoto end but bad when you want to go wide. That's why they have been making digital-only lenses that have a smaller image circle. I don't know if Minolta has any lenses like that or not.

Most reactions

Back