Do you have your own darkroom?

With black and white, I think printing your own is a must. Like Ansel Adams said, the negative is the score, and the print is the performance. I know how I want my art performed, the lab does not.

Color is a different story. I don't think I'll ever print my own. Unless it's a slide/negative scan and comes out of my inkjet printer :D

Havoc; thanks for showing your age. or at least your age minus a few years.

metro; i am, just as anyone else, permitted to say anthing that i want to say. whether you deem it constructive or not is your issue, not mine. you lay a general arbitrary statement out there and suggest it to be something akin to fact. without the empirical to support it, i can't see where it is in the least valid. you are welcome to email me to continue this discussion if you wish. i have no problem with anyone personally, contrary to what the omnipotent havoc says. i do have issue, however; with broad statements proposed as fact.

I have zero interest in having a personal conversation with you as I believe your attitude is of concern to the entire board and a community issue. Sometimes it's not the message but the delivery.

So, as to conform to your standards, from now on perhaps I should preface my statements with "it's my opinion...". Such as the statement, "it's my opinion that you are an ass."

*P.S., I believe I advised everyone that my statement was a testimonial from a highly regarded commercial photog. I don't think anyone would assume it fact.

Most reactions

Back