Does the coloring look right?

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forget that I am a crap photographer.. I am working on it.. But does the green look right? It looks kinda fake to me.. I didn't do anything to it. I do have a filter on my lens and a unltra violet one filter too..

Oh, is it out of focus??

083-1.jpg

No, it's looks over saturated.

The UV filter does nothing to improve image quality. It can only have no influence at all or reduce image quality if it's not made to high standards.

Digital image sensors have a UV filter, and others, in front of them already right there inside the camera. Some put a UV filter on their lens for 'protection' but I don't recommend doing that.

If you are capturing images as JPEGs the camera is editing each image by manipulating the saturation of the colors, the sharpness, and the contrast.

It looks like you are using a cheap lens that is producing a lot of CA
Chromatic Aberration: Optical: Glossary: Learn: Digital Photography Review

I did take the lens thingy off in a few pictures.. They looked the same.. Shoot.. this could be a picture without the thingy..

I am taking pictures of my youngest playing tball tonight.. I will take all the filters off my lens and see what happens..

Thank you..

When you zoom in to the photo do the leaves on the right have a purple fringe ?

What lens are you using, and do you have photoshop?

I don't think it looks terrible but a tad oversaturated I think. I actually like the green, but I think the exposed part of the tree trunk is too red/orange. As for Chromatic Aberration, I can't zoom in enough on this small pic to see if it is occuring. or really see how blurry it is.

I used my 28-135 lens... Do I have photo shop.. no.

I don't think it looks terrible but a tad oversaturated I think. I actually like the green, but I think the exposed part of the tree trunk is too red/orange. As for Chromatic Aberration, I can't zoom in enough on this small pic to see if it is occuring. or really see how blurry it is.

Was the Do-hicky on the thingy?

+1 :lmao:

mostly sunny, take a deep breath and try and explain it again. From your original post, I'm getting that you have two filters on your lens. What are they? You say one is a UV, what is the other one?

I used my 28-135 lens... Do I have photo shop.. no.

You're so funny, I love the way you type. It's probably very similar to how a conversation would go with you in person.:lol:

Ok-- I took more pictures. They look the same. I took the things off the lens. Hell, I even thought about changing lenses-- The greens still loo like lime jello-o to me. This time I do a picture of my foot so I knew when I changed something on the lens.

I will post later.. for now.. I am off to the gym.

Please lets not forget--- English is my second language. :sun: Valley Girl is my first..

Change the picture style in the camera (its in the manual, look it up). The saturation is way OTT, tone it down a bit. Probably the contrast and sharpness are turned up too much as well - just try setting it to 'neutral' or 'faithful'.

Most reactions

Back