Does this work

nagoshua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have been playing round with peppers all day! figuring id better make a start on learning how to use lighting i bought two work lamps and some other little bits and bobs (made a pretty cool light box but didnt use it for this pic). I lit this pic from the bottom and over exposed the shot. I am really happy with some of the pics i got earlier, but this one im not sure... what do you think guys?

P1070641.jpg

Pretty abstract, you brought the image down to its basic design elements.

If you want a dropped out background without overexposing the pepper, put the pepper on glass, elevated off the ground, spread some white paper below it, and shine a ton of light on the paper and shine another light onto the pepper itself. play around with your exposure so you don't get any bloom on the edges of the veggie.

I like the glow to the edges of the pepper.
It would be nice if the stem wasnt so underexposed...maybe add a light source to lighten up that part a bit?
I am also noticing some wrinkles in the pepper on the left side. I have heard of a technique of polishing fruits and vegetables with wax to cover up blemishes and really make them shine, could be worth a try, depending on what youre going for!

I thought the picture with a blown out background looked a lot more absract than properly exposed versions. I had a lot of college work to do so it took a while to take the photos after buying the pepperm thats why it got a lil wrinkly :p Ill have a look for that technique on polishing fruit/veg with wax it sounds interesting!! thank for the quick responses!

Most reactions

Back