Does your family support this??

Just a thought. Anything I produce or create as it relates to my photographic skills, is met with open and unrestrained hostility from my wife. I don't even show her my work anymore. In fact I have even restricted her on my facebook page because of her demoralizing comments.
I have learned over the years that ANYTHING I buy for my obsession, HAS to come from money I have generated from sales. I would NEVER ask her to buy me anything photography related for birthday or Christmas. And yet the woman is an artist and musician herself. Oils... acrylic.. water color...and plays the piano. Go figure!

Do your significant others support your profession, obsession, hobby... oram I just an oddball??

Ian

wow

open and unrestrained hostility, demoralizing comments...

why are you staying?

Wow, my wife is completely the opposite. She loves my photos. Even the mediocre one she says are super nice.

She's also the one who's given me all my camera & equipment (lenses, a camera bag, a tripod & a laptop to process photos)

now if you ask about my poker playing that's a different story, lol

i think my wife "sort of " supports mine because out of my past hobbies, and what i REALLY WOULD LIKE TO DO , this is the least expensive so far. . I have expensiveRight now tastes beyond the budget. Being thrifty, i can do photography sort of on the cheap. Photography also keeps me out of trouble and gives me something to do. And i started it a long time ago, so it probably holds a little more merit for her compared to when i went through my gun collecting phase. She does get annoyed over the time i put into it. Right now i really want a nicer car and a new boat. Budget speaking, she should be thanking her lucky stars i am just buying sd cards and film. We also both paint, so she relates to this type of stuff better than why i need to buy another ak-47. The amount of time i put into photography has created sort of a tension..

Last edited:
Mine said "cool" and proceeded to use all my gear. Now she's one of the top equestrian photographers in the country. Every time I buy new gear she absconds with my abandoned equipment.

Sounds like a horrible partnership... My wife and I try our best to support each others hobbies and interest, even if we don't like them. She hates going to car shows but she does it because I love it, and I go watch sappy chick flicks at the movies cause she loves it. As far as photography, lately she has started coming along with me and even helping me out as she is gaining interest. I don't mind at all because she never tries to rush me and sometimes its nice to have that feminine point of view.

I would not drag that relationship out if i were you. If you can't even have a hobby then who knows where that will end...

My wife nags and nags me to go out and take more pictures.

My wife nags and nags me to go out and take more pictures.
Mine gently encourages me to never rest on my past successes and keep on improving.

Most reactions

Back