Dream Camera thread

D500. What are you telling me this has all been a dream

I love my D500 very much, use her every day. Only in the IQ department the D600 beasts her in many situations...

I love my D500 very much, use her every day. Only in the IQ department the D600 beasts her in many situations...
The D600 images have a certain oily quality hehhe

No. That only affected 25% of them and Nikon genrously replaces 100% of the shutter units, not questions asked. So if you come after 100k shots, you still get a new shutter unit...

... that alone makes the D600 the best used deal ever.

I'm sure the d600 is nice but it doesn't come close doing what the d500 does for me. When I need FF I use my d3s which also does more then the d600 does for what I shoot 90% of the time

MSnowy: Since I bought the D600 in 2013, my D3 sits on the shelve most of the time wondering what to do. She is an old lady, has done nothing wrong and still works as in day one (April 2008).

The D600 features better skin tones, much higher resolution, better color differentiation and many more.

In May 2016 I got one of the first D500 and she is definitely the best DSLR I have been working with yet. Especially in situation that requiere fast AF or reliable white balance or color consitency over a huge ISO range. Even the ground glass in the viewfinder is better for MF work. I love her. Yet still: her IQ is more on the D3 side, except for high ISO where the D500 is better & there is a certain "analogue" quality to the D600/610/750 recording chip that has yet to be matched.

I wish for D500 electronics/ergnomics & D600 recording chip or even better A7R2 recording chip.

MSnowy: Since I bought the D600 in 2013, my D3 sits on the shelve most of the time wondering what to do. She is an old lady, has done nothing wrong and still works as in day one (April 2008).

The D600 features better skin tones, much higher resolution, better color differentiation and many more.

In May 2016 I got one of the first D500 and she is definitely the best DSLR I have been working with yet. Especially in situation that requiere fast AF or reliable white balance or color consitency over a huge ISO range. Even the ground glass in the viewfinder is better for MF work. I love her. Yet still: her IQ is more on the D3 side, except for high ISO where the D500 is better & there is a certain "analogue" quality to the D600/610/750 recording chip that has yet to be matched.

I wish for D500 electronics/ergnomics & D600 recording chip or even better A7R2 recording chip.

Your right about the AF. I've been using the d500 for shooting high school football. The images I'm getting with the d500 at iso 20000 1/1250sec are selling like hotcakes

Your right about the AF. I've been using the d500 for shooting high school football. The images I'm getting with the d500 at iso 20000 1/1250sec are selling like hotcakes

Yes, what you can do with ISO 20k ist mind bending, especially if you develop the files in NX-D

Hasselblad 500C
They're not expensive at all. You can generally get a decent one with a couple of film backs and a lens for under a grand.

The D600 images have a certain oily quality hehhe

No. That only affected 25% of them and Nikon genrously replaces 100% of the shutter units, not questions asked. So if you come after 100k shots, you still get a new shutter unit...

... that alone makes the D600 the best used deal ever.
Friend of mine had hers replaced with a new D600 which had the same issue; then she returned that one and got a D610. She saw my D810 and sold off the D610 and is much happier with the D810.

Hasselblad 500C
They're not expensive at all. You can generally get a decent one with a couple of film backs and a lens for under a grand.

"Expensive" is a relative term. I know I can get a decent set-up for somewhere north of $500 but less than a grand, but that would still require months of saving. And yes, I am saving for one, but it's going to take a little while.

Hasselblad 500C

"Expensive" is a relative term. I know I can get a decent set-up for somewhere north of $500 but less than a grand, but that would still require months of saving. And yes, I am saving for one, but it's going to take a little while.

Are you saving for the 500C or C/M?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back