Dream Camera thread

I went to the Hasselblad X1D link yesterday and downloaded their free Phocus 3.1 for Macintosh RAW converter application and messed with it last night a bit...it did great color on Nikon D2x and D3x .NEF files and on Canon 5D .CR2 files.

Not sure I can agree with a camera that has ZERO distance markings on the lenses. For keeping reproduction ratios standardized, it sure as hell would be nice to be able to set the lens to 1 foot, or 2 feet, or 1 meter, or 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 feet, and thus be able to keep things "the same size"... On an expensive camera that would appeal to professionals, it sure as heck would be great to be able to set a focusing distance; but then, the X1D might really be geared toward being a necklace for the ultra-rich, and much less a working camera for pro and serious shooters.

As far as the Fuji having ONE, single shutter....if that shutter dies or craps out, you have a paper weight...with an interlens shutter in every lens, then you have a way to "fix" things by merely changing to a lens with a working shutter---AND, in this case, having a very valuable thing, which is flash synch with single-pop flash, at up to 1/2000 second...which is worth a lot of money, by NOT requiring HSS flash or special triggers.

Anyway....Dream Camera: I would like to have multiple dream outfits, for days of the week....Leica M-digital for weekends, Hassy X1D for the beach, Nikon D5 and three big glass teles for action and sports, Nikon D810 and new 70-200 E-series and 105/1.4-E for model portfolios; Nikon D3x for my regular shooting; Fuji X-series kit for walking around; and another $100k worth of other stuff, just for kicks!

Last edited:
???

Last time I checked one can repair shutters in cameras too ...

???

Last time I checked one can repair shutters in cameras too ...

Yeah, right....on a camera like this? The broken-shuttered camera would likely need to be sent back to the tractor maker or to the leather handbag maker that owns Hasselblad to be repaired. And, in the time it takes to get it sent in, looked at,repaired, and returned, you'd probably be about six weeks into the next NBA season. (Not sure if the current Hasselblad ownership is still the tractor manufacturer, or the leather goods maker, you know, the one that sells those $300 men's belts and the $955 to $4995 ladies purses...or maybe it's a new coffee roasting firm, or maybe some big e-Concern from Euuuuuurope? Not sure, I just can't keep up with all the sales of the company name.) So, it's pretty clear why expensive, professionally-oriented cameras often have a shutter in EACH lens...:1219::1219:

But a shutter in each lens makes each lens more expensive. Leica for example, which for their S system offers lenses with and without central shutter, wants 2k€ extra, per lens. Thats kind of waaay steep.

Hopefully Fuji soon finishes their research on organic sensors and we'll get a global shutter on the sensor. That will finally remove the issue of breaking shutters.

Mine will be delivered tomorrow. It's a D750 with 24-120 f4

Phase One XF 100 MP with couple lenses. :1219:

Rest assured somebody will buy one and use it to post images of their cat on the internet, but they'll be really sharp...

I think you might be onto something here.. instead of that silly running man setting on the dial, replace it with a cat symbol - and have the settings optimized for cat pictures...

Brilliant..

Rest assured somebody will buy one and use it to post images of their cat on the internet, but they'll be really sharp...
Wouldnt that mean at least these people could photograph ?

My real fear is that they wont be sharp, have poor colors, and some really awful effects applied on top ...

I would be surprised if someone buys a Phase One to photograph his cat ... Maybe Pussycat, or Pussy ...what ...:lol:

This is my cat but it was only 16MP, so I guess it's no good. I'll have to get that 100MP Phase One and try again.

Karyl_Raw_130116_V5F8315.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back