e-cigs

Bitter Jeweler said:
Please, good sir, tell me more about this "Adderall" you speak of?

Mwahaha, it's basically a legal form of speed. It's given to people who have ADHD to calm them down ad keep them focused because it's psycho-stimulant properties change the amount of serotonin or dopamine or...something... In the brain. I don't know the science behind it.

All I know is that it's a prescription drug that's fairly easy to get since so many people apparently have ADHD...I guess.

It's like having the feeling of an energy drink, only it doesn't make you jittery, it doesn't make you crash and it makes you focus.

As anything, it can become an addiction if you get used to having that high all the time but I've used it sporadically and it's awesome...

Also; Adderall is just a brand name.

Smoking pot ain't good for you. Ultimately, you're breathing in smoke. Nobody's bothered to examine the carcinogens in pot smoke that I know of, but they're sure as hell there. If you burn a steak it gets loaded up with carcinogens, if you burn a house, if you burn tobacco. There's not a reason in the world to imagine that weed is somehow magical on this point.

The thing about smoking pot is that you ingest so little smoke it doesn't matter all that much. If you use other techniques for getting the THC into you, you're even better off.

Interesting. I have ADD. Quitting smoking is severely effecting my motivation and drive. Hmmmm...

I also was addicted to RedBull. I was drinking 2 big cans a day.

Hmmm...

(was on Ritalin and Cilert in the late 70's-early 80's, before ADHD/ADD was a fad.)

The chemical name is dextroamphetamine if that tells you anything about it's chemical properties.

It's basically a newer, more potent form of Ritalin because it does the same thing (increases dopamine in the brain)

Bitter Jeweler said:
Mmmmmmm...dopamine!

I get all hot and bothered just thinking about that sexy, sexy chemical.

Luckily you're not in some detail oriented business that requires intense focus and close-up fine work.

Interesting. Thanks. That appears to be a survey paper with a bunch of speculation in it, which is unfortunate, but still it's nice to see that someone's doing a bit of the spade work.

Luckily you're not in some detail oriented business that requires intense focus and close-up fine work.
That's not the problem. I can actually sit and do jewelery work all day. I can "hyper focus" on that. It's the phone calls, the walk ins, the ordering, the estimates, the invoicing, the paper work, the banking, the balancing, the filing, the shipping, that are all distractions. It's the having to do to many things "at once" that destroys me.

I am actually only open 3 days a week, which has helped a LOT in reducing interuptions. (I still work 7 days)
While I am joking about this, and drugs, it is something I am facing.
While smoking, and/or drinking RedBull, I am much better at remembering and dealing with all that other stuff. So, I fear, and have experienced, every time I try to quit, the feeling of "losing it". Chantix, adds in a mild depressive effect, that makes me not give a f***, which is very, very, detrimental to my motivation.

Interesting enough, this choas feeling happened when I quit smoking for 2 months using e-cigs. So I attribute it to some other chemical in cigarettes. Not neccesarily the nicotine.

Previous article about Cannabis and Tobacco was from 2005. There are more recent articles that appear to refute those finding.

2009 Science Daily Research News (and a lot of interesting related stories on the page!)
Marijuana Damages DNA And May Cause Cancer, New Test Reveals

2011 Quit Once Chicago
Marijuana vs Tobacco: Consider the Facts | QuitOnce

And there are even more recent articles that refute those findings. All I googled was "marijuana cancer." Looks like in 2012, they're using it to fight cancer. :lmao:

Marijuana And Cancer: Scientists Find Cannabis Compound Stops Metastasis In Aggressive Cancers

Now, to get back on topic...

Josh, do those e-cigs give a nicotine buzz equivalent to smoking a regular cig? I used to smoke American Spirits (because they didn't use chems and pesticides), but I don't really anymore... Unless I'm very drunk.

Previous article about Cannabis and Tobacco was from 2005. There are more recent articles that appear to refute those finding.

2009 Science Daily Research News (and a lot of interesting related stories on the page!)
Marijuana Damages DNA And May Cause Cancer, New Test Reveals

2011 Quit Once Chicago
Marijuana vs Tobacco: Consider the Facts | QuitOnce

And there are even more recent articles that refute those findings. All I googled was "marijuana cancer." Looks like in 2012, they're using it to fight cancer. :lmao:

Marijuana And Cancer: Scientists Find Cannabis Compound Stops Metastasis In Aggressive Cancers

Now, to get back on topic...

Josh, do those e-cigs give a nicotine buzz equivalent to smoking a regular cig? I used to smoke American Spirits (because they didn't use chems and pesticides), but I don't really anymore... Unless I'm very drunk.

I didn't specify any certain disease in my searches.. like bronchitis, emphysema, and other respiratory diseases. Cancer is not the only killer... and having to carry an oxygen tank around with you in the last years of life, could be not so fun!

Yes, but the stuff I got is pretty weak (I was afraid the higher nicotine level stuff would be too much). The stuff I got is all between 6 & 18mg of nicotine (I think that's per 100mL or something) - I wanted to try a few different levels to see which I needed. So far, I can't tell much difference between them, lol. Next time I buy more I'll probably get something a little stronger.

I tried the E-Cig... it didn't take. A buddy of mine's been using it, with great success for a month. He's not smoking, but he's still hooked on nicotine.

I quit at 10:53am on January 16 of last year. I used Wellbutrin and the patch. I still get cravings; probably always will to some degree, but they're easily managed...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back