Eastern State Penitentiary Meetup!!

Not likely - between paydays.

Parking isn't too bad around there. The first time I went I got lucky and got a spot right on the other side of Fairmount Av. The other time I ended up a few blocks away on a side street above Fairmount and west of the prison. It might take a little patience and parallel parking skill but there should be something not too far away. If you don't want to hunt around, I'm not sure if there's a parking lot that's close, but you could check. Just keep in mind that the neighborhood starts to get a little worse going north or east, although at least for a few blocks it is fine.

There is a pretty good sized parking lot next door. I can't remember what the fees are though, if I remember correctly it's $10 for the day. I've used the lot twice and the fullest I've ever seen it is maybe half full. I have no issues parking my truck there but other areas of Philly a truck is a pain.

I've also parked in the lot next to the prison. I'm hoping there is room there!! I really don't want to be driving around Philly. Hehe

Hours are 10-5
$14 to get in. Additional $10 if using a tripod.
This is stressed "
  • Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site requires the location credit "Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia, PA" in all uses of penitentiary photos in print, on the web, in broadcast, and in any other public medium."
This is an ok looking meeting place a block and a half east on fairmont. Called mugshots coffeehouse,
Mugshots

I like Mugshots. There was one in Manayunk that closed not long ago and I was sorry to see it go.

Ok, I just put in to have off for next Friday!! Woohoo!! Is there anywhere else in the area that we can go? I'll have the whole day so let's party!!

I'm off all day also. Boat house row and the waterworks/art museum area are I think 6-7 blocks away. I'm not very familiar with the area though :(

I'm off all day also. Boat house row and the waterworks/art museum area are I think 6-7 blocks away. I'm not very familiar with the area though :(

They are a little further than that, but not really a long walk. I have the day also, so I'm game for anything.

I just checked and it actually is about that far, but it always seems further because you have to cross both Pennsylvania avenue and Kelly Drive and they are big crazy streets. No problem with doing it though.

Yeah, not lying in my profile. I live in the city about 15 minutes from ESP.

Party at Ken's house!!! Woot!!

Most reactions

Back