Editing Software

aqua270

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All,
I'm not sure if this is the correct location to post this. Sorry if it's missed placed. I want to purchase editing software but don't know what the best one for a novice would be. I was thinking of photoshop elements.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe

Photoshop Elements is very good, as is PaintShop Pro. If you're very budget-constrained, you may want to consider The Gimp (www.gimp.org) which is a very powerful image-editing package, and totally free. It's a bit of a steep learning curve however. My recommendation based on ease of use, and value per dollar is PaintShop Pro (Current ver. X2 or 12).

I think the best for all levels is Photoshop. It's easy enough for beginners and you can take it past the cutting edge and tread new ground. Gimp or "The Film Gimp" (AKA "CinePaint") would be my second choice. I like CinePaint a little better as it's geared toward RAW and HDR editing.

To start i would recommend photoshop elements. It seems that there are many basic things that photoshop elements allows you to do faster and in a less confusing fashion than doing the equivalent action in photoshop. But that said if you're quite keen then you will quickly outgrow it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back