editing trends

snphoto2016

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all! I'm wondering how you feel about using editing trends in your work. I personally don't like some of the over-saturated "glowy" presets out there but I know a lot of clients see that style and just have to have it. How do you balance your personal style with some of the style trends that clients want?

You don't, not if you want to succeed in business. In business you give the Client what THEY WANT! That's what they hired you for.

You want to be an "Artiste" then get out of client work and become just another of the poor starving photographers.

How do you balance your personal style with some of the style trends that clients want?
I agree with both above, but I will offer an anecdote that you can use (if you dare) to justify the differences between two opposing styles:

A former employer was very good at selling his services, but extremely poor at giving his clients what they wanted. He simply did his own thing, to heck with what the client wanted, and if ever questioned, he had the BS skills to convince the client that since he was so much better at knowing what they wanted than they were, that they should just like what he was doing.

That's one way to do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back