Fight Club - Round 109: Results are in!

And btw... Lightroom... whoa.

I can't imagine doing photography without Lightroom anymore. The only things I do in Photoshop these days is layer specific fixes, cloning, and framing. Everything else is better in Lightroom.

Well, I was using RAW Therapee which is free, but the problem is they haven't had a new stable release in a year and a half. They've been working on version 3 which is in alpha and updated several times a week.

The problem was that all of my photos were ending up as much as a full stop underexposed. At first I thought it was a problem with my skill level or a technical problem with my D70. When the brand-spankin'-new D7000 exhibited the same problem, I thought, dang, must be me.

So the other day I started practicing different metering methods and techniques to try to figure out where I was going wrong. I've always checked the histogram on the camera to help make sure the exposure's good, but for some reason I was still failing... or so I thought. For some reason it never occurred to me to compare the camera histogram to the software histogram, and it turns out that they didn't match at all - the software was doing something really weird.

I downloaded the latest alpha version of the software to see if it made a difference, thinking maybe since the older software hadn't been updated it might not fully support the D7000 RAW files (though it certainly shouldn't have had a problem with the D70), and it did make a little bit of an improvement, but it was still consistenly 1/2 to 2/3 of a stop underexposed on everything. So I downloaded Lightroom to see if it had the same problem.

It doesn't. Which is good.

It's hooked me. Which is bad. :lol:

Sooo... now I'm gonna have to save up for that and hopefully be able to afford it before my trial runs out at the end of March. :p

Hi all ..

This is my first time in this challenge and I was really shocked how not easy it is! Time runs like a second.

Honestly 3,4,5 made me spend alot of time just figuring out what to shoot. I did submit all but i was like 7 to 8 minutes late. Will it be considered within the grace period? or I have to have an excuse and email it ?:) Excuse my ignorance..

Thanks

Hi all ..

This is my first time in this challenge and I was really shocked how not easy it is! Time runs like a second.

Honestly 3,4,5 made me spend alot of time just figuring out what to shoot. I did submit all but i was like 7 to 8 minutes late. Will it be considered within the grace period? or I have to have an excuse and email it ?:) Excuse my ignorance..

Thanks

I believe there's a 10-15 min grace period....I THINK. I'm sure the admin will cut you some slack given its your first time playing.

:peacesign: :cheers:

I'll vote tomorrow when I'm not browsing on my phone.

I'll go first so

1. On the Nose - Bendthelight
2. Shear - Bentcountershaft
3. Sent - Orionsbyte
4. File - Orionsbyte
5. Wildcard - norabora

On the nose: OrionsByte
Shear: Bentcountershaft
Sent: OrionsByte
File: Mortovismo
Wildcard: Mortovismo (I have a thing for trikes)

Good job everyone :) Choosing was really hard. Good luck!!

My votes:

1. On the nose - Bend The Light
2. Shear - mortovismo
3. Sent - Bend The Light
4. File - mortovismo
5. Wildcard - norabora

1. On the nose - samerr9
2. Shear - mortovismo
3. Sent - bentcountershaft
4. File - bentcountershaft
5. Wildcard - Orionsbyte

Tough picks this week.