Fight Club - Round 109: Results are in!

Results!

In first place this week is bentcountershaft with 9 votes!

Coming in second place is OrionsByte with 8 votes

And in third place, mortovismo with 6 votes

The Categories:
1. On the Nose - samerr9 (3 votes)
2. Shear - bentcountershaft and mortovismo (3 votes)
3. Sent - OrionsByte (4 votes)
4. File - bentcountershaft, OrionsByte, and mortovismo (2 votes)
5. Wildcard - norabora (3 votes)

Top 20:
1. Chiller - 105.22
2. Chris of Arabia - 87.75
3. mishele - 87.24
4. Clawed - 86.94
5. OrionsByte - 84.8
6. O|||||||O - 84.6
7. Wheels47130 - 83.33
8. leighthal - 82.23
9. bentcountershaft - 80.94
10. clarinetJWD - 72.73
11. RalphP13 - 72.15
12. nowakchr - 71.12
13. Goontz - 70.95
14. da9girl - 68.75
15. soulfusion - 68.25
16. mooimeisie - 67.93
17. ryanlilly - 66.67
18. point-&-shoot - 66.67
19. Buckster - 65.96
20. HannahRebekah - 64.22

Orionsbyte denied by Stoogley and the vote extension !

Hi - Is it Brian ? I'm a newbie on TPF, and came across a photo which I think is yours (if I'm reading the text portions right) - It's in "fight club" #109 and is of a beautiful young girl holding a guitar left-handed (it appears to me that the guitar is also strung left-handed). I don't know what the 'competition' element is in TPF, but I do want to let you know that this photograph absolutely grabs at me. As an aspiring guitarist, a grandfather, and a devotee of early musical education, I think this photo is absolutely incredible. I would love to be able to copy it and provide it to friends who have local music shops. I'd also like to send it to my sister, a retired music educator. It's an incredibly beautiful photograph. Congratulations.

Zach Kaplan Fort Collins, CO

PS I see that your location is listed as 'N. California'. I grew up about an hour north of Santa Barbara.

Well thank you very much for the compliment. The little girl is my daughter so I'll have to talk to my wife about whether or not we want print reproductions floating about. I'll contact you via private message once we've had a chance to discuss it.

I took the photo for Fight Club, and as such, there wasn't a whole lot of planning involved (that's the nature of the game). She isn't actually left-handed, and she doesn't actually play the guitar (yet). I just needed a shot so I set up my flash umbrella, told her to sit down, handed her the guitar, and started snapping away. I didn't even realize I'd handed it to her in a left-handed position (I'm right-handed and the guitar is strung right-handed) until someone pointed it out later. She loves the guitar though and I'm quite sure she'll learn to play one eventually (she's only 3 and a half right now).

Thanks again for the kind words. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back