First pics for C&C Please

InTheShoot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I will pop a couple of shots I took over the weekend up here for some C&C - I have never showed my photos to anyone outside immediate family so this is a little scary for me, but honesty is best policy!

3628059081_260f64f35a.jpg

3628060807_4145414b71.jpg

Thanks!!

3628869066_9806ff6a70.jpg

3628867174_1047a3b63f.jpg

Last edited:
photos aren't showing

Make sure you use the preview button to ensure that things are showing as you want prior to posting ;)

All fixed - Thanks!

#3 is my favorite! I cant offer advice, but keep shooting

I love the photos! im no proffesional but if I was to pick things out it would be this.

1. the part of the trunk coming out of his ear (the girl is hanging on to) is distracting for me. and your logo is the first thing My eye went to. Maybe if you make it smaller.

2. Would of like to see the eyes in focus more.

3. My favorite one, again her face a little more focuse would of made it perfect!

4. Another great shot, composition. Would of like to see a little more space to the direction she is looking

Thanks so much! Also - I did mean to put this on the top one - please ignore the hideously oversized copyright - I put these on any pics I upload to flickr/facebook etc to stop family friends pinching my pics - this way they ask me first! I know it's distracting but it wouldn't be there for a paid shoot!!

1- Great picture as is, but I'd love to see a closer zoom on the kids or a slight crop to remove some dead space over their heads. I like the use of the foreground grass, but there is only blade going over the boys face that I find distracting. Could just be personal taste though.
Nice sharpness and colours too.

2- The expression looks a bit forced. The best kid portraits are kids acting natural. Watch that overhead sun as its hitting his hat making the top part blown out (too white). Nice DOF. Again, I'm not liking the centered face in the frame.

3- Lovely capture! This is a Hallmark moment :) . Great sharpness and DOF. I like how the light hits the back of her head, lighting her hair. I love how the tire is out of the frame, but would of loved to see that little part of the foot that is missing still in the frame.
But really, thats just me. I love the picture though.

4- Not really liking this one. Technically its nice, but again, the subject is too centered in the image, there is alot of dead space over her head. You did a great job with backgrounds in the other 3, but this one has a busier background, specially that bush or whatever in the back right over her head.

You have alot of the technical parts of photography down...exposure, shutters and what not. Nice job all around. Keep working on the focus though

Work on that composition though. Look into the rule of thirds, fill the frame with your subject and watch that dead space over their heads.

You can also post up bigger pictures

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Last edited:
Thanks! Bumping....
clear.gif

:lmao: What is the bumping all about? Who is bumping who? Thanks for what?!

On to my thread... lol, I really appreciate the feedback - Thanks so much! I have never done any form of learning about photography, and don't even know where to begin - could I please have some advice on good references? I am seriously considering formal education, but in the mean time I would like to take the C & C and make it work for me - Does anyone know of any good books/references etc. that will assist me further with my own learning?

#4 is centred...that instantly makes it kinda "meh".

#2 is the best, methinks. You got enough light on the eyes, but like above, I'd like to see them sharper.

And the watermark text bugs me. It looks squished and is too...interesting, frankly. I have a hate-on for watermarks though. Oh, and putting the year of creation can help for legal purposes (well, many years later, or after your death, but still).

im a beginner myself so i may not be of much help. but the signature on your pics does catch a lot of my attention.. the third photo would have been great to capture all of her (foot being out of the photo instantly stood out to me) and other than that i think you did a great job at capturing the moment.. pics are very good :D

I'm a noob who likes to keep it positive, so other than the foot as the previous poster said, I'm cool with them.

I will focus on what I like, by saying your color is great, and the skin softness is nice. I dislike seeing kid photos with so much detail you see pores. The skin is well done.

Also, the most important part. CONGRATS on getting over the fear of showing your work to others. You have nothing to worry about, believe me. Just remember to keep all hands and feet inside the photo while it is clicking. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back