First Pics with Nikon D-5000

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
first pics with my new Nikon D-5000 and first pics using a DSLR for me...a few pics down i got the link for bigger pics..
collie006.jpg

Last edited:
i think bb codes would be better next time you post.

i will get familiar.. i will keep trying..

sucess..thanks..
collie007.jpg

malevenustus027.jpg
pl
malevenutus020.jpg
ease comment... i want to learn....

Last edited:
Ohhh what a beautiful dog! Collies are my favorite.

I really like your fish pictures, it can be really hard to get good photos through the glass. I can't identify the blue face fished, but I really like how clear that photo is. He's handsome! That'd make a good fish ID picture for a website or something.

Ohhh what a beautiful dog! Collies are my favorite.

I really like your fish pictures, it can be really hard to get good photos through the glass. I can't identify the blue face fished, but I really like how clear that photo is. He's handsome! That'd make a good fish ID picture for a website or something.
thanks very much..the collie is 8 months old... and very sweet.. the fish pictured is a african cichlid.. N. Venustus... male... thanks for looking..

please give me some ideas with the fish pics.. Camera settings you would use?

Composition? Don't zoom in on the fish too much like how you would do a painting. Try googling rule of thirds or layering or leading lines for art to know how to take pictures of your subject.

Camera settings... I don't know how lit up your place is so I can't say which settings to use but read on about iso, aperture, and shutter speed so that you can achieve the amount of light and effect suitable for what you're aiming for.

I hope that's helpful. D5000 :drool::lmao:

What were your camera settings for the fish? I have yet to try getting good tank shots, but those look pretty good to me!

What were your camera settings for the fish? I have yet to try getting good tank shots, but those look pretty good to me!

File Name: malevenustus027.jpg (rename) .jpgok cancel

File Size: 169 kb - 799 x 531
Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D5000
Date/Time: 2009:01:10 03:12:50
Resolution: 799 x 531
Flash Used: Yes (auto, return light detect...
Focal Length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82mm...
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO Equiv.: 320
Whitebalance: Auto.... now today i have set my settings differently.. so i will see if they improve taking the same fish in the same lighting..etc.. and i have also turned down the mega pixels since the larger amount is not needed.. thank you....

Composition? Don't zoom in on the fish too much like how you would do a painting. Try googling rule of thirds or layering or leading lines for art to know how to take pictures of your subject.

Camera settings... I don't know how lit up your place is so I can't say which settings to use but read on about iso, aperture, and shutter speed so that you can achieve the amount of light and effect suitable for what you're aiming for.

I hope that's helpful. D5000 :drool::lmao:
you are very helpful..thanks...

I would try to use less pop up flash and see how they turn out.

EDIT: And by less, I mean none.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back