FIRST SHOT WITH MAMIYA

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yesterday i shot a expired roll of fp4 and had about an hour in the darkroom (for the fist time in a year) so i developed the film . . . (negatives were a tad on the thin side i think, and theres no telling how long they had had that developer mixed, also it was arista . . . )

anyways, then i had a few minutes to print from the one negative i wanted to see, and in 15 minutes, i had a fiber print that will no doubt look awefull in a year from not perma washing or washing completely. (oh well, now i see how sharp the mamiya can be!

anyways, heres the first shot, its not great or anything, just a snap.

80mm, f/4 90th of a sec. ilford fp4, printed to kentmere fineprint vc

printsml.jpg

oh, and the white specs are dust on top of the print, not from printing with a dusty negative.

i can't wait to shoot a portrait job with it!!!!!!!!!!! (or at least to find somthing compositionally attractive)

Looks like a super sharp pic! Enjoy the new toy.

beautiful. i almost bought a rb67 for 10 dollars the other day (just the body, no lens or back) but i decided not to... kinda wish i did now

oh man, yeah you should have, you can pick up backs and lenses cheap if you just look a while

try to get it!!!! i'm thinking about getting one of those eventually

Mike: remember, RC paper is much cheaper when you just want a test print, and washes faster, too. :)

That said, nice lens you have there! :thumbup: The detail in just this simple test print is wonderful.

haha, yeah, about the fiber . . . i don't have any rc paper anymore :( actually, as i'm writing this i see a box of ilford rc. anyways, i didn't know i had any rc paper.

also, in case any of you wise guys out there look at the exif data, this is a photo of the print.

well, the problem i have, is that i dont have a dark room, so i'd have to get them developed elsewhere, it just seemed like maybe a bit too much work

to develop you don't need a darkroom, just a closet for loading the film. and it is alot of work, but its complete control, and i enjoy the process, and enjoy looking at prints from a result of my time and effort, and my processing. no automated processes.

I find blacking out a bathroom or closet is a pain I prefer a ten dollar changing bag streatched over a cardboard box. If you need a larger space cut the bag in half attch the front to one end of the box and the rear to the other end,... cover the center with a black plastic garbarge bag. Instant blacked out storage and film loader space that you can shove under a table when not in use. Or in that closet

Most reactions

Back