Flight of the bee

LizM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, so its a honey bee instead of a bumble bee. I liked how this turned out but I'm gonna go back for more shots too. I think I need to catch the bee closer to the flower?

IMG_40244x6.jpg

:) maybe not closer to the flower but you should play with the focus while the bee is a bit soft. Part of the flower is sharp and I think the bee should be too... maybe close the apperture a bit? Event hough I think it is a very nice picture. I'm a fraid of bees and everything with a string so I wouldn't have taken such a photo :)

i agree with mentos, the focus should sharpen on the bee, not the flower particularly. if you can get both sharp, great, if you have to choose one, i'd go with the bee.

i suppose if you could get a picture of the bee in a single flower, that would be a fantastic shot, but i also don't like getting stung and wouldn't stick around for that sorta shot myself :p

Yeah, I'm not real happy with the sharpness on the bee myself...but those little buggers are quick!

I'm actually rather terrified of bees myself. The only time I go around them is with a camera. Kinda dumb but then we all have our "impossible shots" that we obsess over. Mine is bees. I REALLY want a good shot of two bumble bees fighting in mid air.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back