Focus question

cdryden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have some good tips for getting perfect focus outdoors when you are dealing with the glare on your screen? ( I use live view) I've considered using a field monitor but I really don't want to add more gear to my load.

Other than the above .... you want to eliminate glare.
- stand in the shade
- use an umbrella
- use your hand to block the sun
- large rimmed hat
- I think you get the idea now ... or use the viewfinder which does all that for you without having to do anything extra. If you use the LiveView focusing features that are not available via viewfinder then learn how to focus using the Focus Modes and Areas.

The question is along the lines of it's reverse ... how do I not get wet while standing in the rain?

Last edited:
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I found a cover with a magnifier on ebay that goes on the back of my D5300. It was inexpensive and since I have to use the back screen for video it allows me to see the back glass even in the brightest daylight. It just hooks on with rubber bands but works very well.

I can think of no good reason to use Live View for shooting unless you're doing video, and your question doesn't sound like a video question.

Yeah, you can mount the camera, use Live View, zoom in to focus manually, and come back out, but I would only stay in Live View long enough to do that, and then go back to the viewfinder.

Otherwise, shade the screen as best you can, that's all you can do. The LCD doesn't compete well with that giant fusion reactor in the sky........

Live view, other than video, is useful for hyper manual focus when doing macro shot stacking but other than that no reason. I've found auto-focus can do better than my old eyes as long as I use the correct focus mode for the situation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back