For portraits do you use a flash in daylight also?

My take away from Robin using flash is it's a great way to manipulate the environment to achieve a desired look. But to answer the OP, I bring my lights with me on outdoor shoots. I don't always use them but they come handy.

I think Robin's shots look nice. They don't look natural though, they look flashed, but in a good way :). I'm curious Robin, do you have much success with OCF and little kids??

I rarely ever use flash, and never outside.

This is how we do it at work . Very rarely do the use any artificial light , unless they specifically want that 80's very flashed look .

This is of course a catalog so the photog has three assistants , many stands , clamps , hands etc...

DSCF7074-Edit by mannyher1, on Flickr

I think Robin's shots look nice. They don't look natural though, they look flashed, but in a good way :). I'm curious Robin, do you have much success with OCF and little kids??

No problem at all.. You should try it.

I am just constantly moving at my shoot. And often RUNNING after children LOL. Maybe I will with mine....Do you use your modifier?

You want to see my mane when I'm backlit in a setting autumn sun? you use a fill flash.

I am just constantly moving at my shoot. And often RUNNING after children LOL. Maybe I will with mine....Do you use your modifier?

I am constantly moving too. I used to use umbrella and one speedlite. Now I use an alienbee and umbrella.

You want to see my mane when I'm backlit in a setting autumn sun? you use a fill flash.

That does not look natural at all. I mean.. the cat is on a leash for God sake! Not natural!

I am constantly moving too. I used to use umbrella and one speedlite. Now I use an alienbee and umbrella.

I've got a couple of sizes of Ezybox, and for portability and 'subjects on the run', I find this rig VERY useful.

I've got a couple of sizes of Ezybox, and for portability and 'subjects on the run', I find this rig VERY useful.

I prefer Valium. It's so much easier and a lot less stressful. :D

How have I never seen that before!! THat looks awesome :D I love how small it is and that you can HOLD it.

Most reactions

Back