From Print to Slide

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by Catmando, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Catmando

Catmando TPF Noob!

I'm about to start using Slide film for the first time and would appreiciate any advice, or things to take note of when using this film

So far most of my shooting has been with B&W (which i develop myself), fuji Reala 100 and superior 400.

I understand that the correct exposure is a crucial for good shots. I plan to be doing most of my shooting round town (london) mainly hand held with possible a few night shoots (using a tripod). with the goal of getting some nice enlargments

I've had a look at some of the threads below and have picked up some good tips, and just wondering if anyone has anything to add on my crossover to slide?

C

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Slide film is fun. Slightly underexpose for best color saturation. Fuji is yummy stuff! :D

3. Mindii

Mindii TPF Noob!

I love fuli velvia slide film....the colours are brilliant!

4. Catmando

Catmando TPF Noob!

Looking at the Fuji pamphlets, I think Velvia is the one i'm going to go for.

How much should I allow to slightly under expose by?

5. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Bracket and make exposure notes, so you'll have a better idea when you've done a couple rolls. Start with 1/2 a stop, then a full stop. Your degree of success will vary scene by scene, but count on 3 exposures a frame while becoming acquainted with the film(s). Spread them out on a light table and inspect them with a loupe when you get them back....good way to learn the film and your camera.