Getting a small photography business online

photoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I started a small home-based photography business a few months ago.
Potential clients have started asking to see my portfolio online and some customers want me to upload the proofs to the internet.

I understand a website is a must for my business but I don’t know where to start.

I am new to websites but as I am on a tight budget I am willing to learn how to do some of the stuff myself if it will save me some money.

Anyone knows of a good website solution for photographers?

Thanks a lot for helping me put my business online!

Mel

I'm using netfirms.com. Their gallery system is pretty easy to use.

Thank you so much for all this information.
I will start looking into the options you suggested right away.

I started checking one website solution already.

A photographer from another forum I’m a member of recommended a website solution for photographers called Spotfolio by Site On Spot.

I checked out their sample site and it seems to offer everything I was looking for. Great designs, website editor that requires no technical skills and the ability to use it also as an online studio where I can display proofs to my clients.

I’ll see how the free trial goes and come back to share my experience with you.

Mel

Hi everyone, as promised I am back to share with you my experience in creating me own photography website.

I don’t know if the technology savvy of you can relate to this but I was amazed by what a newbie like me can do with this software! During the 14 days of free trial Site On Spot offers I was able to create a full website with galleries and private proofs sections. I got such good reviews from customers I decided to sign up for the Studio pack.

I’ve looked into the cheaper options but decided to stick with Spotfolio because in terms of value for money (and for my time – a resource I can also always use more of) I thought it was the best. I also really liked the fact I got a personal account manager.

I’d definitely recommend it to photographers like myself – who need an affordable yet professional website solution for their photography business and are new to websites.

Thank you again for your assistance and valuable information.

Mel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back