Good diets

As the others have said, it's more about changing your lifestyle than going on a diet.

In the end, if you don't change your outlook about food (and life) then no matter how much weight you lose on your "diet," you will inevitably gain back when you quit that "diet."

Any diet will help you lose weight. the trick is finding one you can live with, and then living with it.

My dad is doing the low-carb diet now. He has lost about 60 pounds, but he's miserable, because he can't eat rice, etc.

My wife, on the other hand, started going to W**** W******* meetings, and I have to say, their plan just makes more sense. You can eat whatever you want. Every food has a point value, based on calories, fiber and fat content. You have a certain number of points you can use for food every day, and as long as you stay at your point level, you can eat whatever.

Needless to say, eating healthy gives you a larger quantity of food, but you can eat chocolate, etc occasionally without feeling guilty about it.

My story is similar to Big Mike. I was into football, track, you name it until I blew my knee out. I decided to be supportive of my wife and eat the way she did. I've lost over 50 pounds, she's just passed the 30 pound mark.

(Don't tell her I told you this. She'd KILL me!! :wink: )

Also, protein is a suppressant. You will not feel so hungry on a high protein diet. I take protein for the help with muscle build. But it also helps you keep from feeling hungry all the time. I do about 6 meals a day, 3 of those are just a protein bar or shake. Dont know if you want to be that serious about it, but its just some more info.

Someone asked this of a gym instructor on the radio recently...

He replied "Its not brain science, get off your arse and take the fork out of your face."

Made me giggle anyway.

:D

Thanks everyone.....what your all saying makes sense to....

just exercise and eat right....sounds easy enough ;)...I mean I don’t want to lose a huge amount...but enough to when the summer season comes I can actualy look like I belong in shorts instead of a moomoo ;)

Drlyn thanks for sharing that, I know a couple of people who did that points thing to..and it totaly worked for them...

I know people that did that weight watchers diet with the points. Its ok if you arent active. but if you are you dont get enough carbs and everything that you NEED to be active and stay healthy. I have seen too many people get sick because they arent getting the nutrition that they need. Once they start to eat more of what they need, they are fine.

Even if you arent active, you still really dont get the nutrition you need. You atleast need to take a GOOD mulitivitamin. Its like you need to have 12-15 points per meal or day, i cant remember. Too many people do the minimum of 12 even 11 to be 'safe'. Thats not good either.

Skip doing the math in order to eat, just eat good. :D

If it helps --

celery burns itself off plus more... I can't remember what its called - negative calories or something like that....

So eat lots of celery... (I absolutely hate celery - its a shame)

My only other advice is - just dont eat... It's not good advice - but it does work...

fadingaway1986 said:
If it helps --

celery burns itself off plus more... I can't remember what its called - negative calories or something like that....

So eat lots of celery... (I absolutely hate celery - its a shame)

My only other advice is - just dont eat... It's not good advice - but it does work...

Actually lots of raw vegetables are similra. The body burns more calories trying to digest them than they contain. Most of the high-fiber ones (lettuce, spinach, broccoli, etc).

I know people that did that weight watchers diet with the points. Its ok if you arent active. but if you are you dont get enough carbs and everything that you NEED to be active and stay healthy.

Actually, WW tells you to add points when you exercise. There is a chart.
So, for 30 minutes of moderate exercise, you are supposed to add x points. And how much food and nutrition you get from your points is enirely up to the choices you make. If you use all your points on Snickers bars, then you're right. But if you eat healthy food, you get plenty.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back