good photos, yes? no?

coma15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please be nice as I am still new to photography. What do you think of these shots?

15.jpg

93.jpg

I like them!!! =] Id prolly add some editing to it, but thats just me

1) a tab dark perhaps?
2) nice capture. I like how you used the road as a line to guide the eyes and the reflection in the water. very nice...that one dark cloud though I could do without.

I would say the first one is amazing I would leave it as is

Well, I would not leave the first as is, since the horizon is not level, and that is the least you should correct! And a test run through "Auto Contrasts" might give you a surprising result.

do a tighter crop perhaps? PUt the horizon at 1/3 line? I dont think it is necessary to show the beach.

1) a tab dark perhaps?
2) nice capture. I like how you used the road as a line to guide the eyes and the reflection in the water. very nice...that one dark cloud though I could do without.

I agree... However I find that the cars and people in the background are a tad distracting. Also, I'd like to see the person in the middle of the frame a bit better...

I tried an edit of the first. I didnt want to crop, but just a levels and contrast tweak, and this is what you get. Im sure someone else could do it better, but it only took litterally maybe 30 seconds to do. Oh, and fixed the horizon line. :)

tank11-2.jpg

Mark

Well, this would be my approach (I hope you don't mind, coma15!?!?)

coma15_15_myedit.jpg

Photobucket renders it badly. It is sharper!

Landscape shooters use graduated neutral density filters to darken a bright sky so they don't underexpose the foreground, like here.

I did an edit to approximate what it could have looked like had a filter been used and left the extra canvas created when straightening the horizon so you could get a sense of how far from level your camera was:

15B.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back