Have I ever showed my studio here?

Very nice Jodie. It appears you have a lot of organic sets around the studio, and in a very nice little town. Simple beauty at it's best. You do seem to do very nice work and have created quite a niche market. Thanks for sharing.

wow that's awesome.

I looked at your site, you're a wonderful photographer Jodie

What lens are you using for the pet pics on your Flikr site?

I agree, you are a wonderful photographer!

Thanks :) TCImages - I don't actually do pet photography, those were just some snaps of my own dogs for fun - those were with the Sigma 10-20 on my D200 (too wide for my D3)... I would never use an "off brand" lens on my clients, but for fun, it is great ;)

Great studio, you (or someone) has really put a lot of thought and work into it. Looks like a very comfortable space. Might be a bit too small, but that's probably not an issue if you mostly shoot kids.

Great studio, you (or someone) has really put a lot of thought and work into it. Looks like a very comfortable space. Might be a bit too small, but that's probably not an issue if you mostly shoot kids.

It's just under 2,000 square feet. It's my first jump into a studio outside of my own property. I'm currently looking to buy a historic house on a main street to renovate into a studio for myself... while keeping the current house we have. The only problem is I need to find something that I can have the scenic outdoors as well, as I love to shoot outdoors.

While this works great, my biggest issue is paying rent - I would rather own it outright.

I haven't found it to be too small yet... but I am sure eventually I will... I do have to be careful how I shoot tall men, however... have had a couple NFL players recently that I have had to be careful with height, but no one has complained... in fact, they all seem to really like the character.

I had one woman fly in from New York City to have a shoot for her son, and she said, "OMG, your studio looks just like Annie Liebowitz, except Annie's is bigger...." I just laughed - she apparently has worked with Annie L (as well as many celebs) and I seriously doubt my studio is anywhere NEAR as great as Annie's! lolololololol!!! but I do like that she liked the character of it....

Thanks for sharing Jodie! It was really interesting to see how you worked with angled ceilings. I live in a Victorian that was built in 1890 and I love our attic space, but I wasn't sure if it could be used as a studio because of the crazy angled ceilings. Now the wheels are churning:)
-April

Hmmm, I am officially jealous of you. ;) Just kidding but I hope to be in your shoes one day! :)

it is clear now why you charge so uch for your photos to pay the rent/mortgage on the studio. i see it clearer now

Most reactions

Back