HDR Shootout #30

Photomatix 4.0.2 - Tone Compressor

shootout30tonecompresso.jpg

To me I think Detail Enhancer has been doing the better job with all the posts Echoing has done. In this case the sky is better, more detail inside the bridge. Unfortunately the vegetation has lost a bit of the punch and is more fuzzy looking.

I don't edit them in Photoshop so I can compare the best performance of these three settings. I think the fuzzy look is caused by me bringing the luminance down too low.

Here's my go at it, using exposure fusion in Photomatix (I also tweaked the color settings post Photomatix to get a little more blue out of the sky, subsequently I also got blue on the railing and bridge but I'm willing to deal with it if everyone else is). I used the semi auto method of deghosting but I'm thinking that either I have to be more meticulous or I should just let auto mode take over.

HDRshootout30.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my go at it, using exposure fusion in Photomatix (I also tweaked the color settings post Photomatix to get a little more blue out of the sky, subsequently I also got blue on the railing and bridge but I'm willing to deal with it if everyone else is). I used the semi auto method of deghosting but I'm thinking that either I have to be more meticulous or I should just let auto mode take over.

HDRshootout30.jpg

I wouldn't do that. There is too much blue, use Photoshop to make the sky blue.

I tried to keep this as realistic as possible.

Shootout30_MM_LoRes.jpg

Regards, Murray

My effort.. Photomatix 4 with some burning and dodging in PS

PM800.jpg

Im not seeing as much of the realistic image as I should. In fact, I dont see anything at all.
Hi Bynx, we had the same problem with a previous image. I am not sure why you are not seeing the image which I uploaded to the members gallery and used the mid sized direct link. Here is the url. Are you by any chance using a mobile device because I can see it on my PC but not on my iPhone?
BTW, I have just contacted Admin to find out why I do not have permissions to attach images yet.
Thanks & regards, Murray
http://www.thephotoforum.com/photos/data/500/medium/Shootout30_MM_LoRes.jpg

Last edited:
Only use a computer (Mac Mini with Firefox). This is what I see. This has happened before but it doesnt happen often.

iz6gbp.jpg

Looking at your link Id say the only problem I see is the ghosting around the sky.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back