He doesn't want a pro...

Would you like the experience of doing this? Would you mind if you didn't get paid at all?

If you don't want a contract, and you really do not feel comfortable doing it. Why not offer your services for free? If they like any pictures, then they can pay you for them? Maybe they could hire you to be a guide, and you taking the camera is just a bonus?

Those are my ideas-- (I am running to hide now)

First rule, never take money for services without a contract.

Get it in writing what you discussed at a bare minimum and have him sign it. I would get a proper contract personally, but get something in writing before doing it.

Other than that, I would do it.

I shot a model this weekend that was so ecstatic about my work she asked me to shoot her wedding. They're doing a justice of the peace before running off to some Arab country for a couple of years (her husband is in construction). They have to be married to live together in this country.

Anyway, she just wants someone to follow them around for the day and shoot some pics... something I'm more than comfortable doing. But I also have a contract. :)

It sounds fun, just protect yourself.

I would say do it, dont worry about a contract, hold on to the $500 until they recieve the pictures and are happy with them, or tell him, he can pay you once they recieve the photos. If for some reason they are not happy, refund the $500 and take the whole event as a learning experience and good photography practice.

agreed!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back