Help me plan my trip to NYC next month

Then turn around and go back - no reason to actually go into Staten Island ;)
Thanks for making me laugh out loud in a quiet office! :biglaugh:

There's also a pretty good Thai place just around B&H... Thai Select. North of B&H like 2 blocks. On 9th Ave between 36 and 37 streets.

ive eaten at:

Sarabeths
Ess a bagel
Bar American
Marta
ABC Kitchen
Bouchon Bakery
Brasserie Ruhlmann
Junoon
Dessert at Jean George Terrace/Nougatine (trump trigger warning)

After Dinner stuff: Limoni at Rockefeller, Oceana at Rockefeller, Chikalicious, Max Brenner Chocolate

ive eaten at:

Sarabeths
Ess a bagel
Bar American
Marta
ABC Kitchen
Bouchon Bakery
Brasserie Ruhlmann
Junoon
Dessert at Jean George Terrace/Nougatine (trump trigger warning)

After Dinner stuff: Limoni at Rockefeller, Oceana at Rockefeller, Chikalicious, Max Brenner Chocolate

Trump Trigger Warning isn't that the whole city?! I just figured I'd avoid politics altogether. But hey I could always pick up a "make America great again" hat and stir the pot

Last edited:
Well that place just happens to be in one of his buildings is all.

Don't forget your girlfriend. What does she like to do? A Broadway show? Jazz in Greenwich Village. The Metropolitan Museum of Art? (Great spot to photograph performers doing street performances in front). Ask her. Remember, you can get street shots in NYC everywhere. And have a wonderful time. New Yorkers are great.

You might also want to hit up the International Center of Photography: International Center of Photography

There's also a great little place to eat somewhere around there, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name right now. I'll figure it out. Probably around 3am.

(edit: oops, wrong link. Fixed it.)

Some recommendations:
--The Occulus (inside and out). It's superb.
--9-11 Memorial (you mentioned the museum)...on the birthdays of the fallen, they place a white rose next to the name...it makes a powerful shot with the reflection in the black marble.
--The Guggenheim. You aren't allowed to take pictures past the first floor. But the first floor looking up (with a real wide angle) plus the outside is outstanding.
--MOMA (lots of photo friendly exhibits, I got some great results internally there).

I go to NYC a lot with my kids... my hit list...I added time frames for the time sensitive attractions...

Greenwich Village
China Town in the morning/ lunch
Little Italy at night
Coney Island/ Nathans beach for lunch (the dogs they sell there are not the ones at your local food store)
Times Square
Central Park (anytime)
Museum of Natural History (must)
Ellis Island/ Statue of Liberty
Wall Street Bull pic

Lots of walking and subway rides...I love NYC.

Long Island is also killer BTW.

Screw those camera stores, I hate them, my dad used to drag me there when I was little...uhhh.

Please keep politics off the main forums. If you want to go political you can do so in the Subscribers Forum. Thanks.

Please keep politics off the main forums. If you want to go political you can do so in the Subscribers Forum. Thanks.

You're kidding right? There was no political debate here. We barely even mentioned politics. A joke was made that slightly referenced the liberal leanings of a city, and it was left at that. Nobody dragged it out. No debate. No actual discussion of politics. No issues.

I think you're taking that rule a littttttle too far with this one.

Just saying.

You're kidding right? There was no political debate here. We barely even mentioned politics. A joke was made that slightly referenced the liberal leanings of a city, and it was left at that. Nobody dragged it out. No debate. No actual discussion of politics. No issues.

Just saying.

I think posting a joke/derogatory meme of the POTUS qualifies as political. And you don't really know if it would have caused a political debate if left in the thread.

Just saying.

While I can appreciate that there was no political debate and deleting the post may seem like overkill, I might point out that there have been similarly innocuous comments or memes in various threads over the past year that did end up sparking some heated political exchanges that were not intended, but which happened nonetheless because folks are twitchy these days. If we err on the side of caution, it's to cut the problems off at the pass.

Just saying.

I think posting a joke/derogatory meme of the POTUS qualifies as political. And you don't really know if it would have caused a political debate if left in the thread.

There must have been a post that I missed then. I never saw a meme and I don't see any posts missing.

My bad if I didn't catch something. I thought you were saying that what currently exists in the thread is out line, which is where my issue was. If that isn't the case then I apologize.

Just saying.

There must have been a post that I missed then. I never saw a meme and I don't see any posts missing.

My bad if I didn't catch something. I thought you were saying that what currently exists in the thread is out line, which is where my issue was. If that isn't the case then I apologize.

I deleted the meme post. after reading your response I should have realized you didn't see it.

Great ones listed already.

More places:
Seinfeld restaurant :)
Columbia University (next to the above)
Take PATH across the river for shot of the NYC skyline, or from ferry that goes to/from Staten island. Or the cruise around Manhattan.
Grand Central - technical challenge to get good pics of the whole place.

For food: NY style pizza!

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back