Hi from China

Vuorilla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I am new to this board. My name is Alex, I am Canadian, currently living in China (the best place in the world for street photography!)

The reason I registered here, like probably most of us, is to improve my skills as a photographer. I own a Pentax K200D with the kit lens (18-55mm, f3.5).

I enjoy taking photos in very dim situations, at night, indoors, outdoors and from very close to my subject. My next lense will be a wide angle, superfast one, perhaps the "fisheye" if I remember well the name, or a vintage. I will start looking for lenses as soon as I get back to Canada.

I was recently told that some of my pictures were underexposed and that my white balance was incorrect. I hope I will get a better understanding of these notions by using this board.

I have a photoblog at this URL: Tidbits From the World

Any critique is more than welcome!

Thank you

Alex

Welcome.
I read your entry about the restaurant and the language barrier, it was interesting and entertaining.

Thank you, Dominantly!

And what about the photos?

Taking a quick glance, find the site interesting. It is admirable that someone goes to the effort to visit foreign lands to help illustrate what life is like somewhere else in the world. It helps us to realize that many aspects are really not that different for a normal, every-day living person.

I really got a kick out of how you took a picture while holding a picture. Reference: 4127643620_22a0f90f8a.jpg

Alex, welcome to the forum; love your style; as far as the comment you got about white balance. this can be fixed in your photo processing or just; I think if you like it, it's all that matters. I think if a photo tells a story it has great potential. Keep shooting and white balance can be fixed in the set up of your camera also. Check your user manual. I'm not formilar with our type of camera; I'm a nikon user.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back