Hi from China

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Vuorilla, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Vuorilla

Vuorilla TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi everyone. I am new to this board. My name is Alex, I am Canadian, currently living in China (the best place in the world for street photography!)

The reason I registered here, like probably most of us, is to improve my skills as a photographer. I own a Pentax K200D with the kit lens (18-55mm, f3.5).

I enjoy taking photos in very dim situations, at night, indoors, outdoors and from very close to my subject. My next lense will be a wide angle, superfast one, perhaps the "fisheye" if I remember well the name, or a vintage. I will start looking for lenses as soon as I get back to Canada.

I was recently told that some of my pictures were underexposed and that my white balance was incorrect. I hope I will get a better understanding of these notions by using this board.

I have a photoblog at this URL: Tidbits From the World

Any critique is more than welcome!

Thank you

Alex

2. thebeatles

thebeatles TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hi Alex :D

3. Dominantly

Dominantly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome.
    I read your entry about the restaurant and the language barrier, it was interesting and entertaining.

4. Vuorilla

Vuorilla TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you, Dominantly!

And what about the photos?

5. RancerDS

RancerDS TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Taking a quick glance, find the site interesting. It is admirable that someone goes to the effort to visit foreign lands to help illustrate what life is like somewhere else in the world. It helps us to realize that many aspects are really not that different for a normal, every-day living person.

I really got a kick out of how you took a picture while holding a picture. Reference: 4127643620_22a0f90f8a.jpg

6. ThePhotoBinder

ThePhotoBinder TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Alex, welcome to the forum; love your style; as far as the comment you got about white balance. this can be fixed in your photo processing or just; I think if you like it, it's all that matters. I think if a photo tells a story it has great potential. Keep shooting and white balance can be fixed in the set up of your camera also. Check your user manual. I'm not formilar with our type of camera; I'm a nikon user.